Your Must-See Films for 2010

Kell

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really shouldn't complain too much about the increasing numbers of remakes and sequels (as my tirades about the lack of imagination in Hollywood always gets people annoyed), so I'm going to do the unpredictable...

I'm really looking forward to Iron Man 2. And, if it lives up to the endless hype, I may even have nice things to say about A Nightmare On Elm Street, though the odds of the film surpassing the most basic requirements for plot and character are solid (the writing is assured for this one) the special effects remains a major obstacle.

The A-Team on the other hand...

Main one's are probably:

HP7 (Pt 1) - Hope they justify splitting it into two parts with a good fight scene at the end.

Toy Story 3.

Inception.

And then some other films that I'll remember as the year goes by..

The girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Not sure if or when this wil be shown in English but I sooo want to see it.

y1mgkqFOFzZHw8mOy9QVk6GUb2uFzqmzzAGu5KNHNwA94vAjhF2RGtP7KAJlM7qctY6EkjXlOCfoqwR9FVxUXBwuYORtIbERbK1yb43TJ3bDFXdXlS_9FPR_Ic_TyShVZrIsZTsDISFSQ3gxhTDeZI6Iw

**Edit aparently the film is out on Sweden and is called Millenium 1: The man who hates women... I think

Edited by catwoman

definately ecplise!:lol: hmmm, what else? i believe i am rather looking forward to seeing alvin and the chipmunks squeakqual along with toy story two!

i hate it how at one time in a month (or more) there are periods where it looks like there is so many great movies that you want to see, but then at all other times there are no movies out! come on people.. spread it out!:D

ah! and i just saw avatar today and it was spectacular! :blush:

Edited by courtneysadancer36

• 6 months later...
I'm off to see Inception tomorrow :lol: can't wait! I'm also seeing Predators but I refuse to get my hopes up after the rubbish that was churned out for the AVP films lol.

I have seen loads of tweets about Inception on twitter. I know nothing about this film.

As for me well I have seen Eclipse. :D and I m seeing Toy story 3 with my kids next weekend.so as far as I know they are the only ones I am/ was dying to see.

Oh my I forgot that I still have not seen the girl with the dragon tattoo. It willl be on my Xmas list this year!

Edited by catwoman

I have seen loads of tweets about Inception on twitter. I know nothing about this film.

I'm off to see Inception on Tuesday - I think Christopher Nolan deliberately kept as much of this film secret as possible which I think has added to the hype. I'm really looking forward to it though as it looks like something I'll love :D

I loved Inception & as soon as it becomes available for pre-order, I'll do just that :D. I had heard that it got very confusing after the first half of the film, I didn't seem to have trouble following it but I think it will likely vary person to person. I know for a fact my mum for instance would be lost pretty early on :D. My dad also enjoyed it, but he was getting really fed up with some kids throwing popcorn & 2 young girls next to us kept playing with their blooming phones .. thankfully they left around half way through!

For those hoping to see it soon, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :D.

Haha. I saw the Trailer for it when I watched Eclispe.

I will not be watching that for numerous reasons. One because I can't stand Tom Cruise.

Also because the trailer like you said look Drivel and look terrible. I didn't thinka film could look so bad just watching a trailor! :D

Next movie's I want to try & watch are:

The Expendables

Salt

Green Lantern - No doubt it will have been ruined, or it will be used to plug a film for the Justice League. I will give it a chance though lol

The A-Team - I'll wait for it to come onto TV, from the trailers it doesn't look worth the cost of a cinema ticket :D

Tron - I can't decide if I will go watch this at the cinema or not, I do have a gut feeling the film will turn out to be utter tripe though :D

I was shocked to see an new Piranha's film on the way. It really does seem that most of the films coming out these days are either sequels or rehashes of old material spiced up with the modern day technical know how. Shame quite often the originals or the original concept is much better :D.

I'm still feeling gleeful though about Inception, roll on the dvd release date so I can watch it a few more times :D.

• 1 month later...

Saw trailer for Tamara Drew today - have been meaning to read the book for ages, so now is the time to go out and get it, because I definitely want to see that film!

And, although it's not a must see film, I did see a trailer for The Other Guys with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg, Samuel L. Jackson and Dwayne Johnson. Now, I haven't liked many Will Ferrell films, I'm not a fan of either Jackson or Johnson, but I have to say, I chuckled a few times watching the trailer, so I may well go and see this one when it comes out too.