Your Must-See Films for 2010

Kell

Come on then - which films are you eagerly aniticipating? Which up-coming flicks have you salivating at the prospect of sitting down with a jumbo bucket of popcorn and enough cola to make you pee the Nile after the final credits roll?

For myself, I can hardly wait for:

* Tron Legacy

* Clash of the Titans (remake)

* The Wolfman

* Alice in Wonderland

* Iron Man 2

* Twilight Saga: Eclipse

* Toy Story 3

* Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

* Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt1 (Even though I'm incredibly narked they're splitting it into 2 films to make a bit extra cash - cheeky besoms!)

* Daybreakers

* Legion

* Season of the Witch

* Repo Men

* A Nightmare on Elm Street (remake)

* The A-Team

* The Sorcerer's Apprentice

* Priest

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a big movie buff and I rarely go to the cinema so I do not know many, but I do really want to watch Alice in Wonderland. My son wants to watch How to train your Dragon which he saw a trailer on one of his new DVDs. Toy Story 3 will be one that will be watched, as my youngest LOVES Toy Story.

I am sure there are loads more, but to be honest I don't know what ones are coming out next year.

Oh Oh oh.. Thundercats.. Is that out in 2010?

Depp is very intelligent, i think he will play it well. A lot of his roles have dealt with some kind of madness or of having a psychologically 'disturbed' trait for want of a better term, so it will be interesting as to how he deals with the hatter and differs this character from his other roles.

As long as he doesn't play it like he did his role in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I'm sure he will be brilliant. I've never been a huge Pirates fan but I loved him in Sweeny Todd.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be great too. I haven't read anything on what they are doing or where they plan on splitting the story into the two films in hopes that I will be pleasently surprised. No expectations. :D

Splitting the film is a good idea, there's a lot going on, it could be a strategy to stretch it out for more money but who knows, some of the other books would have benefited from having a couple more parts. I just hope they get it right!

Just so long as pt 1 isn't just "Harry, Ron and Hermione go Camping" - I hated that about the book - the ENDLESS camping trip...

Agreed. That part could definately be shortened.

I hope they don't cut the big action scenes like they did with 6. I was expecting a major epic battle but the whole film just lacked climax for me.

There are a few I've heard about and am looking forward to, but I'm not quite educated on all 2010 releases yet-

Youth in Revolt

The Wolfman (this is a maybe, but only because I love Benecio Del Toro :))

Shutter Island

Happy Tears

Remember Me

Twilight Saga: Eclipse (duh! :D)

The Green Hornet (also a maybe, because I love director Michael Gondry)

I hated that part. Oh how i loathed that part. I was wanting something like the Blair Witch to come interrupt and take one of them just so something actually happened.

Just so long as pt 1 isn't just "Harry, Ron and Hermione go Camping" - I hated that about the book - the ENDLESS camping trip...

I kinda liked that, something different from Hogwarts all those books.

I am looking forward to:

Avatar (haven't seen it yet, am most likely to in the first few weeks of 2010)

Legion (just watched the trailer for this, and oh yeah!! :D).. though we're not getting it in cinemas till may. :friends0:

Daybreakers (oh baby, brilliant, and vampires!!!)

Robin Hood

Looks like it's gonna be a good movie year. :)

Alice In Wonderland - the film I've been waiting years for (well since they announced that Johnny Depp would be playing the Mad Hatter :))

Others: Daybreakers, Nanny McPhee (I loved the first one :friends0:), Eclipse, Book of Eli, Sex and the City, Harry Potter (:D) and of course Toy Story 3

Alice In Wonderland - the film I've been waiting years for (well since they announced that Johnny Depp would be playing the Mad Hatter :))

Others: Daybreakers, Nanny McPhee (I loved the first one :friends0:), Eclipse, Book of Eli, Sex and the City, Harry Potter (:D) and of course Toy Story 3

I don't understand Sex and the City, I have tried to watch it, as my Ex, yes MY EX, loved the TV show and my Best friend is a huuge fan and made me watch the first and I fell asleep. They just bore me, anything like that does.

As for Alice In Wonderland, for me I am hoping it will be the movie of the year! Can't wait.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt1 (Even though I'm incredibly narked they're splitting it into 2 films to make a bit extra cash - cheeky besoms!)

Well, not necessarily, there's so much stuff going on in 7, that it's probably better they'll put it in two films.

Other films I want to see (for now, because they'll be much more in the future):

Inception

Alice In Wonderland

Brighton Rock

Wuthering Heights(assuming that it will actually be released in 2010)

Howl

The Conspirator

Iron Man 2

Shutter Island

The Way Back

Youth In Revolt

Kick-Ass

Alice in Wonderland and Harry Potter for me. :D I hope they shorten the camping trip but do justice to the battle scenes (which I realise will be in the second part). Oh, I hope they do justice to the very beginning of book 7!

Just been watching some of the trailers on the MSN home page linkl

Def....

The Lovely Bones.

Robin Hood

Toy Story 3

Prince of Persia (might be OK)

Shrek for ever after (just because it is Shrek)

Sex & The City 2 (maybe)

I'm looking forward to Alice in Wonderland :) I was also looking forward to Sherlock Holmes, however I've now been to see it and loved it!

(now I'm nursing a very slight/massive crush on Robert Downey jr)