Songs You Hate

ned

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current song ~

'Fight for this Love' by Cheryl Cole, if I hear one more time, 'we got to fight fight fight...' I will scream, we get it Cheryl, you are fighting for love!

In the past ~

'Fire' by The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, a classic tune but his voice goes through me ;)

'Shiny Happy People' by REM, I know its a cheery wee tune but it does not make me feel shiny or in fact happy ;)

I am sure there is more... :D

Isnt that REM song supposed to be about people taking anti depressants? Even so it is still ****, I'm sure I read somewhere that Michael Stipe is even embaressed by it and he refused to have it on a greatest hits album.

A song I hate - I think it's by Calvin Harris and called ready for the weekend. All I ever seem to hear is the damn chorus of that song and a woman screaming 'I got my shoes and i'm heading for the weekend' or some similar ****, over and over and over again.

Whenever I hear it I cant help but think to myself 'yea if you ever bump into me you best hope your shoes dont have any heels I can jam into an orifice' :lol:

It is literally like something that goes around and around in your head when your ill in bed with a high fever.

Another nominee is any song at all ever by the Kings of Leon. Yea I liked them when they first came out, but now it seems that every kind of middle management, wine bar drinking, lexus driving person that openly uses phrases like 'jeekers' and 'let me just run this past you' is their biggest fan. :friends0:

I have to stop or this rant will need to have an index

Edited by Johnny Carson Whit

I hate Wannabee by Spice Girls, because frizzy haired Mel B used to freak me out, some afro donning weird clothes wearing freak going ZIGAZIGAAAAAH is scary, so her name was quite apt.

You should listen to Dry Kill Logic's "version" of the song, it's called

I hate the Who Let the Dogs Out -song as well, it's so awful :lol:

Isnt that REM song supposed to be about people taking anti depressants? Even so it is still ****, I'm sure I read somewhere that Michael Stipe is even embaressed by it and he refused to have it on a greatest hits album.

I didn't know that, thanks JCW, but you know thinking about it, the song could cause endless problems, its cheery but in a sly way, I can see Michael Stipes's point.

Thanks for the info :lol:

I didn't know that, thanks JCW, but you know thinking about it, the song could cause endless problems, its cheery but in a sly way, I can see Michael Stipes's point.

Thanks for the info :lol:

It being 'cheery but in a sly way I think was his intention, it was poking fun at the then current trend at throwing prozac at people to cure their unhappiness.

But people largely missed the point and thought he had just created a cheesy party song, which he hates.

Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis. The song is OK, but when she starts wailing on it really annoys me :lol: actually, that includes any song sung by Leona Lewis ;)

totally agree I hate all that type of song which she has down to pat...wailing and changing note mid way through urgh... infact for me anything by Mariah Carey too, if you can't hold the note don't try :friends0:

I'd spell it different agins "a wumba way a wumba way..."

But you at least would agree with Ned on it being a -something- way. Maybe the two of you will crack the code someday :D (you guys of course have the word 'way' in your language so it's easier for you to settle on that one, I on the other hand must just trust my linguistic luck :lol:)

I drove my good friend's new GF crazy last night, I was requesting he'd play Baha Men and the wimmawe song on Spotify, just for laughs :)

My brother is odd. He's into metal and similar sort of stuff but every now and again I'll hear him listening to the weirdest song. One of them is that @%!*ing Gummy Bear song. It's not like I hear him flick on to it and then turn over. He listens to it all the way through! There's no excuse!