Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been reading some Hunter Thompson articles on his best friend: Richard Nixon. You would have to be a stinking fascist not to gain some enjoyment from reading the opinions of Thompson when it comes to one of the most corrupt, treacherous, deceitful, and selfish men ever to lead a supposedly 'democratic' state.

There's nothing like politics to stir up the emotions.

I've been really slack with reading since I've been on holidays. :friends0: I get too easily distracted by everything else around me. I'm making slow progress with The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Riddle of the Trumpalar but I really need to start on my seasonal read of A Christmas Carol.

Oh, and I got the one book I asked for for Christmas: Blind Faith by Ben Elton. Has anyone read it?

I have done no reading today as I have been a professional Lego builder today, but I did recieve some books;

1* Dan Brown- the Lost Symbol

2*Secret Societies (revelations about the freemasons, Templars, illuminati and the Serpent Cults.

3*Birdman - Mo Hayder.

So I am really happy about that!

On Boxing day I go to my aunts where I basically have a day off and they entertain the kids and I get cooked for. We also have sacks of presents there, and I have been hinted to that there maybe another book for me.. Whoooo hooooo!!! :friends0:

Hope you all had a great Christmas!!

Look forward to reading your review Peacefield. I am 99.9% sure someone has got this for me for Xmas so I hope it is good.

As for that Ghosthunters book, that sounds AWESOME! I love the show, please please please let me know what the book is like, I would be really interested in purchasing it if it is good. *Goes ands watches the show OnDemand*

I'm working on my review as we speak, Catwoman! Putting thoughts to screen is usually a wee bit slow for me, plus I think I made my coffee too strong this morning as I'm have some concentration issues :friends0:.

I love Ghost Hunters too! Jason and Grant are my fave hunters, and the other guys in the gang are hilarious. I so much enjoy this show over others here in the US like 'Paranormal State' and 'Ghost Adventures.' The guys from GH concentrate a lot on de-bunking stuff, which makes them more credible to me. I can't wait to read this newest book though. I read their first book and it's basically just tons of cases that never made it on the TV show but where such freaky stuff happened!

No reading done but got friom my secret santa on here

'The Notebook' by Nicholas Sparks

'Twenty Wishes' by Debbie Macomber

Thank you Santa :friends0:

and on my wishlist wass

The Whole Day Through by Patrick Gale

It's the Little Things By Erica James

Manged about an hour of reading The Difference A Day Makes - Carole Matthews today.

Father Christmas bought me:

The Bay At Midnight - Diane Chamberlain

Girl Missing - Tess Gerritsen

The Fabulously Fashionable Life Of Isabel Bookbinder - Holly McQueen

Notes From An Exhibition - Patrick Gale

How To Talk To A Widower - Jonathan Tropper

Everyone Worth Knowing - Lauren Weisberger

Chasing Harry Winston - Lauren Weisberger

I finally buckled down today and read the rest of The Hound of the Baskervilles, which was great. I'll try to finish The Riddle of the Trumpalar tomorrow and then I can probably squeeze in one more book before the end of the year. :friends0:

My Christmas reading is Death of a Chancellor by David Dickenson, great Victorian series with Lord Francis Powerscourt as the hero - this is the fourth one I've read now.

Santa bought me a

Read a bit more of The Difference A Day Makes.

With some of my Christmas money I ordered:

Queen Of Babble Gets Hitched - Meg Cabot

The Glamourous (double) Life Of Isabel Bookbinder - Holly McQueen

French Kissing - Catherine Sanderson

Heaven Can Wait - Cally Taylor

Starting The Shining by Stephen King today. Hopefully it's as good as the movie.

:(*sigh* CaliLily, have you been talking to Rawr?! :D The movie can never hold a candle to the book, but that's just me :friends0:. The best book King ever wrote, imo.

:(*sigh* CaliLily, have you been talking to Rawr?! :D The movie can never hold a candle to the book, but that's just me :friends0:. The best book King ever wrote, imo.

Really? Haha, actually I never planned on reading it initially, it was part of a buy one get one free deal through Barnes and Noble when I bought Salem's Lot. It was the only other title I recognized by him. :guess:

It's okay, CaliLily, I'll still talk to you! I'm kidding :friends0:. It is one of my fave books though, so I hope you like it. I've read it more times than I can count, and I'm just a little bitter about the film so don't mind me :(.