The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

I watched New Moon tonight. To say I'm underwelmed is an understatement. To be honest, I though it was pretty awful - it felt to me like it was a bit rushed in order to get it out as soon as possible (due to actors aging) and there was barely anything i liked about it. Taylor Lautner is a total hottie and a not bad actor, so I hope he doesn't get pigeon-holed after these films. Michael Sheen put in a fair performance, but nowhere near as good as his capabilities (he's an awesome actor, so it's a shame the material let him down here), Kristen Stewart really cannot act for toffee and I was surprised at how little chemistry there was between her and Robert Pattinson considering they're apparently dating.

I cannot believe people paid good money to see this film multiple times!

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been stated that dating in real life doesn't necessarily bring chemistry on screen. Personally, I think they have very good chemistry, although it was more evident in the first film.

Kell, I totally agree about Michael Sheen, but from what I see in film sites, Launter's choices for future roles appear to show that he's more interested in becoming a film star than a serious actor, unlike his co-stars.

As for Water For Elephants, I think it may be a quite solid films, because I've seen it in 4 film sites, unlike other rumours, like the one that he's going to be the new Spidey (which I highly doubt). I haven't read the book, but judging from the summary and the comment on this forum, it seems like a really good read.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured out today that here in the US there are New Moon DVDs being released by four companies :lol:. Barnes & Noble is selling theirs with a dream catcher bag clip, Borders is selling theirs with a medalion necklace, Best Buy is selling the DVDs in a steel case and now Wal-Mart is selling their edition with a supposed sneak peak at Eclipse! You guys have your own version in the UK, right? I mean, come on, just how many versions will there be when all is said and done?!

Oh yeah and I saw the movie again tonight :ditto:. It was only a dollar, I can't help myself! :lol:

"I would like one New Moon DVD, no special attachments please. Just the disks. In a standard box."

"Sorry, nobody makes those. We have this lovely gold plated metal box hand-engraved by somebody who ACTUALLY MET THE ACTORS OMG with the likeness of either Edward or Jacob for only $250."

" >_> "

Like the lovely Nollaig, I just want the dvd (the keyring that is coming with it), so hand it over play.com :ditto: (well in March anyway)

I just want it to be March 22nd so the dvd is here and I can watch it :lol:

And for those of you who have a few thousand dollars to spare, have a look on eBay US for this item number - 150412697644 :lol::ditto::lol: Just remember who you should give that second ticket to.....

And for those of you who have a few thousand dollars to spare, have a look on eBay US for this item number - 150412697644 :D:blush::lol: Just remember who you should give that second ticket to.....

Holy hell, Fi! The price is up to $3500 and there are 11 bids?! People are actually bidding! I don't know why I'm surprised, but wow :lol:.

Do you think that most of the bids might be a collective of friends? and they will work out the basics before the night of the movie? :blush:

Not that it would do me any good because I still haven't got my passport renewed :blush:

So who's excited that it's only 35 days (in the UK) til the dvd comes out???

Oooh, that'll be me :lol:

Not that it would do me any good because I still haven't got my passport renewed :blush:

So who's excited that it's only 35 days (in the UK) til the dvd comes out???

Oooh, that'll be me :lol:

Me too! :lol:

But that's a whole 30 minutes that could be spent looking at the extras or something!!! *is shocked* :blush: Not sure if I'll like the commentary this time round as someone said it's just Chris Weitz doing it, anyone know if this is true?

Me three!! I took the Mon/Tues following the release off so I could do nothing but watch it :D. Well I have other things planned but they should just take up maybe 30 minutes of my time :lol:.

Sad but true :blush: I haven't told my sister what date the dvd is being released because she will want to borrow it, to watch :lol: Jacob! ;)

Debs just needs to get her own copy, Weave! Tell her you won't let it out of your site for at least 6 months :blush:.

In the description on Amazon Fi it says the commentary is featuring Chris Weitz and editor Peter Lamber :lol:. I hope this isn't the only commentary track, since hearing the actors and Chris is what I've been looking forward to most! Waaa!

Peacefield, this article on MTV from November says that Chris was heading over to do a commentary with Rob, Kristen and Taylor, so that looks more promising. However, I have read that there are going to be the normal one disc movie only, two disc special edition and three disc limited special edition coming out, so it might be that you have to research carefully before choosing which one to buy to make sure you get that commentary.