Book Club Forum Secret Book Santa?

Ceinwenn

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, so Giulia, Lucy, Stephanie and I have put together the points mentioned in this thread and designed some rules for this event, to ensure that everything goes smoothly and all santas deliver on time :)

BCF Secret Santa Organization and Rules:

1. This is a secret Santa event, by which interested members will be allocated randomly to send a book to another member and receive one from yet another: this will not be a straight swap, you will not choose, or even know who gets your address until you receive the book. If you are not comfortable with communicating your address in this way, please do not join this event.

2. This is open to all members with 25 posts or more.

3. Any younger members wishing to take part are asked to please get permission from your parents first. This is purely for your parents' peace of mind as although WE know we're lovely people, your parents may not know us from Adam and may prefer you not to give your address to strangers on the internet. If they are worried about the

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see why not :D So long as it doesn't become extravagant... Unless anyone has an objection?

I've also been asked whether we should wait for christmas day to open our packages. While that would be a nice idea I don't think it's very practical: depending on the way the gift is sent we might not even know whether it's the one from our secret santa before we open it... thoughts?

I went with the wildcard in the end and hope they like it! Eeeek! Also bought a bookmark to make up the cost :) Everything is off in the post so I'm sorted. I don't know what's going on this year but I'm totally on the ball when it comes to Christmas shopping (wish it would spill over into the rest of my hectic life! :lol:)

Just sent mine off and have gone with a wildcard as well... I SO hope I chose well. :lol:

I am sure you did Chimera, I choose with the tried and tested method of eenie meenie minie moe (I imagine its slightly scientific) :)