Book Club Forum Secret Book Santa?

Ceinwenn

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not dense, I think we would need to agree on some guidelines. With the Book Day one we sent each other a book we had read & loved. We could do that again, or say that they had to be new books, or we could each list say 3 books we would like to read but have yet to buy, then the secret santas would have some idea of what kind of books we each liked?

Well, I like the wishlist idea the best, too. Why don't we decide right now that that's what we'll do, but maybe we need to up it to 5 books, to give each santa a better choice & the receiver a less chance of guessing which book they will be getting?

Well, I like the wishlist idea the best, too. Why don't we decide right now that that's what we'll do, but maybe we need to up it to 5 books, to give each santa a better choice & the receiver a less chance of guessing which book they will be getting?

Fine by me - the hard part's going to be picking just 5 books from the wishlist :D

She's not around at the moment, but Nollaig had some plans for something along these lines - we had a discussion about it about a month or so ago in the Moderator Forum.

Just thought I'd mention it as I'm sure she'd like to be involved. :D

I'll leave this thread here until the middle of November, to see who wants to join up, but at the end of next week I'll open up the "Book Club Forum Secret Book Santa Wish List" thread, where people can start posting their wish lists. I think we should all have our wish lists posted by the 25th of November, to allow our secret santas time to go buy & post the books. Do you all think that'll work?

I'll leave this thread here until the middle of November, to see who wants to join up, but at the end of next week I'll open up the "Book Club Forum Secret Book Santa Wish List" thread, where people can start posting their wish lists. I think we should all have our wish lists posted by the 25th of November, to allow our secret santas time to go buy & post the books. Do you all think that'll work?

Can you please wait for Nollaig before you take any action? You might not have seen my note above, but she has something planned - we discussed it in the Mod forum in September. :D

I think we all need to specify where we're happy to post a book to, like we did with the World Book Day one.

Nollaig, if you want to take over & run this, it's fine with me. Just say the word.

I will post anywhere in the world.

Don't worry about it, I'm more loaded down with things than I had expected and I was probably going to scrap the idea anyway. Feel free to take it over Ceinwenn.

Only thing I would say is to make sure people are aware of things like not knowing who will get their addresses and so on, as some people will not like that (some swaps had to be specifically organised during the last one.)

I'm quite happy to post anywhere as long as it's not a copy of Stephen King's The Stand :D

I'd also maybe go for November 18th as the cut-off point just to allow extra time in case of additional mail strikes in the UK or posting outside of your own country :D