What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

I finished Dogs and Goddesses last night and this morning I started Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

I've been really bad, I said I wouldn't buy new books until I finished most of the books that were still in my TBR pile, but I just couldn't resist

Edited by Rosalind

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Dogs and Goddesses last night and this morning I started Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

I've been really bad, I said I wouldn't buy new books until I finished most of the books that were still in my TBR pile, but I just couldn't resist

I got Marked out from my local library and will be reading it over the Christmas period so it will be interesting to see what you think.

I've almost finished Mrs de Winter by Susan Hill and took three more books from the library on Saturday:

A Demon in my View by Ruth Rendell

A Christmas Secret (one of the Christmas Novellas by Anne Perry) and

Death of the Chancellor by David Dickinson - a Lord Powerscourt Mystery

the last two are nice Victorian mysteries to get me in the Christmas mood.:irked:

I'm reading an e-book version of Charles Dickens' The Chimes. Saw a post by Janet saying she was going to read his lesser Christmas work and that has inspired me to do the same :irked:

I always read right before I go to sleep, and leave my book right beside my pillow. This is actually not a good idea, but it never ended badly til today when I woke up and found the edge of Breaking Dawn's cover dog-eared :irked:

Still, I'd rather that than the spine, as it's spine is what's on display on shelves.

I always read right before I go to sleep, and leave my book right beside my pillow. This is actually not a good idea, but it never ended badly til today when I woke up and found the edge of Breaking Dawn's cover dog-eared :irked:

Still, I'd rather that than the spine, as it's spine is what's on display on shelves.

Oh no!!!

I used to do that, until a very special copy of a book gained a huuge crease down the front cover, so I vowed never to do it again.

I have read 50 pages of Mr Darcy, Vampyre and it is picking up, still don't have a view on it though.

I meant to start reading Deathworld 3 today but I couldn't resist picking up a nice, light Trixie Belden book instead, so Deathworld 3 will probably wait until at least tomorrow.

Just finished Mr Darcy, Vampyre. I LOVED IT, took a little while for me to get into it, but in the end it had me gripped and I had to stay up to finsh it.

Next I will be going back to crime and reading Blood Brother by Jack Kerley.

Edited by catwoman

Just finished Mr darcy, Vampyre. I LOVED IT, took a little while for me to get into it, but in the end it had me gripped and I had to stay up to finsh it.

I have nearly bought this so many times but I was worried about spoiling the classic. You might have just persuaded me to read it though :D

I haven't read anything today. Hoping to get my work done in the morning so I can read in my only afternoon off this week :irked:

I have nearly bought this so many times but I was worried about spoiling the classic. You might have just persuaded me to read it though :D

I haven't read anything today. Hoping to get my work done in the morning so I can read in my only afternoon off this week :lol:

I have wrote my review if you want to have a read and see what you think.

That is a great book by King :lol: I feel it is very different for him and a unique style of book. I actually think it was the first King i read at around thirteenish.

That is a great book by King :lol: I feel it is very different for him and a unique style of book. I actually think it was the first King i read at around thirteenish.

I'm not enjoying it as much as some of his others, maybe it is some of the baseball stuff, i have no idea of any of the terminoligy. I never saw the point of following a game that involved hitting a ball with a stick. Same reason i hate cricket.

I did feel that too and didn't know what he was on about, especially being the age i was then too, but i liked how he incorporated something he's obviously passionate about into the story, it kinda makes sense as it goes along i think.