What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

Funny you should mention that, im going to pick up a copy from HMV this weekend. Never seen the film before as I always wanted to read the book first but never got round to it.

Ive heard mixed reviews about it but im looking forward to it.

Yay! Do you plan on seeing the movie (if you haven't already)?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still enjoying reading Rebecca. Should have finished it by now but I'm sooooo tired. Since my car hasn't been well, I've been getting up at stupid o'clock to get the bus and I can't string two reading words together BUT I want to try to finish it at the weekend. I want to make a start on The Heretic's Daughter by early next week.

I was going to start reading Blood Blother by Jack Kerley as I had this book and three others that are due back on the 21st. But I have been abe to re-new this book but I can't re- new Kelley Armstrong's Bitten so I have decided to read this first. I hope this is good as my last Sookie Stackhouse novel has really put me of this genre at the moment.

Finished Getting Mad, Getting Even by Annie Sanders. Hugely enjoyable and entertaining - I'm so pleased as they are my favourite chick-lit authors (it's two women writing together under a single name), and I always worry that I have such high hopes each time a new book comes out and the it won't deliver. Nothing to worry about with this one though, it was a cracker!

Bought the latest Alex Rider book this morning, Crocodile Tears by Anthony Horowitz, so will be immersing myself in the world of the teenage spy this weekend!

Finished Getting Mad, Getting Even by Annie Sanders. Hugely enjoyable and entertaining - I'm so pleased as they are my favourite chick-lit authors (it's two women writing together under a single name), and I always worry that I have such high hopes each time a new book comes out and the it won't deliver. Nothing to worry about with this one though, it was a cracker!

Bought the latest Alex Rider book this morning, Crocodile Tears by Anthony Horowitz, so will be immersing myself in the world of the teenage spy this weekend!

I have been meaning to get a Alex Rider book, are they really good? I value your opinion. Thanks :D

I have been meaning to get a Alex Rider book, are they really good? I value your opinion. Thanks :D

Well, put it this way, after reading the first one, I went to the bookshop and bought the next five books and read them all over a single long weekend! I'm not exactly the demographic they're aimed at :D but I think they're exciting, thrilling stories, so fast paced they whizz by in no time at all, and brilliantly entertaining.

Well, put it this way, after reading the first one, I went to the bookshop and bought the next five books and read them all over a single long weekend! I'm not exactly the demographic they're aimed at :D but I think they're exciting, thrilling stories, so fast paced they whizz by in no time at all, and brilliantly entertaining.

Well then I most definately get them. I know what you mean about not being in the right Demographic I was the same when I read the first four Maximum Rides.

If something keeps you emersed and entertained, I can't see it as a bad thing and thats what makes some books brilliant when they can appeal to a universal range of readers.

Thanks!

Finally finished the sixth, and last book, in Ashok Banker's epic "Ramayna" series!!

Thoroughly enjoyed them!! Gonna miss Rama!

Well, onto something new....and I'm torn between 'The Host', 'The time traveler's wife', or 'The girl with the dragon tattoo'!

Decisions,decisions.....!

I have only read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and I recommend it. It does take a while getting into but once you do, god damn it is amazing. So is the second one in the series!

So I literally just finished the Time Traveler's Wife and I thought it was a work of art...I cried like a baby and I couldn't put it down lol

Is the movie anywhere near as good? I don't want to ruin my imagined version of the book by watching something completely uninspired...

Any thoughts??