Bag of Bones - Stephen King

Sophie

Hi everyone, i'm new here, so thought i'd introduce myself by saying what book i'm currently reading...I don't know why, but I think that you can tell alot about a person by the books they read :D, (anyone else think that?)

Has anyone else read this book? (Bag of Bones by Stephen King) I've read so many Stephen King and i'm half way through this one. So far I like it a lot, the suspense is slowly building up, although i think I guess too much, because I already thought something about the plot which happened later on (or seems like it's about to happen)...(if that even makes sense! :blush:).

Anyway, if you have read it, let me know what you think...just no spoilers please!! (I'm not one of those crazy people that read the last page before they finish:motz:lol).

Welcome to BCF Sophie :blush:

I have not checked out Bag of Bones myself, but am an avid Stephen King fan and have read a lot of his works. It always looks interesting when i check out the blurb whilst browsing bookshops and the like, and i think i will read it eventually.

I'm sure some other forum members may have read it and would share their opinions. Glad you are enjoying it! :D

hello and welcome to the forum :D

I haven't read this one but I have read The Shining (goodness kinows how many times), Dream Catcher and IT. I have Pet Sematary on my reading list. :blush:

I tried to read The Cell a few years back but I just couldn't get into it at all.

Welcome to the forum Sophie!

I've read Bag Of Bones and although I wasn't impressed by the plot, something about the style it was written had me hooked! Definitely one of my favourites.

Hi Sophie and :17: to the forum :D

I have Bag of Bones on my shelf to be read but for some reason just can't get into it :)

I've read and loved Pet Semetry, Salem's Lot, Carrie, Christine, Needful Things and IT and loved them all, yet Bag of Bones still just doesn't cut it for me, no idea why :)

Glad you're enjoying it though :lol:

Edited by Charm

I didn't like Bag of Bones at all, it's one of my least favourite Kings. I found it so bad that I can't remember anything about it, except possibly something to do with fridge magnets, and I've never felt the urge to re-read it.

Hmm, some mixed replies for bag of bones I see!! (thank you all very much for the welcomes btw!!)

Even though I said I liked it I can see why some people said they couldn't get into it...and i'm with you on the fridge magnets. But i'm in two views with this one, I like it and I don't...i don't know why, can't put my finger on it. But i'll read it through to the end either way because I hate starting books and not finishing them!

And Charm, you mentioned some of my favourite books there!! Although I read a little bit of Needful things and for some reason didn't finish it?..must try after this!!

And MuggleMagic, Pet Semetary may be my all time favourite King book, although that's hard to choose, but that's because it's the only book that has ever kept me thinking at night. It's a definite must read!! I may read it again soon even.

Thanks for all the replies :lol: