Hey

ned

Welcome Ned (it's from Edward right?:blush:)Welcome to the forum!

It is yes although Edward is not my name, long story about how i ended up with the nickname Ned so i won't bore anyone with it.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

Welcome! Care to tell us a little about yourself and your bookshelf? :blush:

Sure. I recently worked in sales for a newspaper and magazine disributor, had been there since i left school at 17. Decided that now was the time to leave (middle of a recession, great timing eh?) and start to study child care and social work, something i always wanted to do. Mad about football, Manchester United (of course, isn't everyone from north or south of Ireland), comedy is really the only thing that interests me on television and the rest of the time i can be found either in the pub or in a book.

My bookshelf contains quite a mixture as i don't seem to stick to one kind of genre. The authors i tend to read most though are James Patterson, John Grisham, Andy McNab, Arthur Conan Doyle, P G Wodehouse and Charkes Dickens. Also, probably once a month, i read my favourite book, Animal Farm by George Orwell. I don't know where the love affair with the book started but i have bought many copies after giving copies away, leaving copies on buses, trains etc and even once dropping a copy in the toilet.