Horse and Pony books

mollie

I remember reading horsey books called 'Flambards' years ago when I was a young teen, and enjoying them, can't think who the author was though sorry :motz: I think they were also made into a television series too if I remember correctly :smile2:

I remember reading horsey books called 'Flambards' years ago when I was a young teen, and enjoying them, can't think who the author was though sorry :irked: I think they were also made into a television series too if I remember correctly :roll:

I've still got my copies of Flambards from when I was younger, I loved them and enjoyed the tv series too, although it has horses and hunting in it's more about the lives of Christina (I think that's her name) and her 2 cousins Will and ...oops can't remember his name and their father who if I remember rightly was quite domineering. I'm sure the author is K M Peyton or something very similar.

I've still got my copies of Flambards from when I was younger, I loved them and enjoyed the tv series too, although it has horses and hunting in it's more about the lives of Christina (I think that's her name) and her 2 cousins Will and ...oops can't remember his name and their father who if I remember rightly was quite domineering. I'm sure the author is K M Peyton or something very similar.

K M Peyton! That sounds about right :roll: I loved these books!

Yes you're right, it is K M Peyton. :D I'll definately be giving the Flambards books a go.

I hope you enjoy them mollie :irked:

I read every pony book my library had when I was younger! My favourites were the Jill series by Ruby Ferguson and the Jinny at Finmory series by Patricia Leitch. The Jinny ones were the best, and Leitch also wrote other pony books which were very good. :irked:

I also remember receiving a boxset of five Silver Brumby books by Elyne Mitchell. I didn't think I'd like them, as they dealt with wild horses in the Australian outback, but they were excellent too.

When I was about 10, there was a proliferation of collections of short story books, such as The Big Book of Girls Stories, The Big Book of School Stories etc., and I still have The Big Book of Horse and Pony Stories (at least I think that's what they were called - it was something along those lines), and oddly enough The Big Book of Horse and Pony Stories is the only one I still have. I say oddly enough because it's the only one of those books I didn't like! I'm actually quite scared of horses, and I never really warmed to the stories in the book, but for some reason, it's the one that I've still got.