New Moon Soundtrack

poppyshake

I've just read that Muse have been asked to provide another song for the next 'Twilight' movie 'New Moon' .. they have a meeting/phone call with the director today .. he want's to use one of the songs off of 'The Resistance' but hasn't told them which one yet (well, he probably has by now as the meeting was today).

My money is on 'Undisclosed Desires' or 'I Belong to You'.

I have no idea if it's a good thing or not as I haven't read or watched any 'Twilight' stuff.

Muse's 'Supermassive Black Hole' was used on the 'Twilight' soundtrack.

*Typed especially in vampire purple*

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just read that Muse have been asked to provide another song for the next 'Twilight' movie 'New Moon' .. they have a meeting/phone call with the director today .. he want's to use one of the songs off of 'The Resistance' but hasn't told them which one yet (well, he probably has by now as the meeting was today).

My money is on 'Undisclosed Desires' or 'I Belong to You'.

I have no idea if it's a good thing or not as I haven't read or watched any 'Twilight' stuff.

Muse's 'Supermassive Black Hole' was used on the 'Twilight' soundtrack.

*Typed especially in vampire purple*

Oh dear! Not sure if this is good or bad either - I adore Muse, always have done but I'm also a Twilight fan. I guess in a way it's good because it's getting their music out to a wider audience but bad because said audience has an average age of 11. Will be interesting to see if this happens and what song they use if it does :lol:

supermassive black hole really did work in Twilight though.

I have heard that there are a lot of cool bands offering to take part in the new moon soundtrack.

I could understand a fan of Muse being upset if the band was particularly 'underground' but they are currently number one on the itunes chart. I think they sold out long ago! :D

I'm not sure about this whole being a sell out thing. It seems that if a band does well, they are seen as a sell out :D Surely doing well is the whole point of starting a band?? :D

I really enjoyed the soundtrack for Twilight, so I am hopking this one is as good! :)

I agree with that. I have liked Kings of Leon since they started but given their recent rise to fame everybody says that they have sold out :) If I started a band I wouldn't want to mess about... I'd be in for the big bucks :irked:

Anyway.. that is slightly off topic...

Selling out refers to abandoning your old views and beliefs in favor of, usually, money. Getting popular doesn't mean you're selling out.

Now, about which song they could probably provide, I think that the three most strong candidates are I Belong To You, The Resistance and Undisclosed Desires.

I, for one, am really pleased - I njoyed the Twilight film a lot more than I did the book and hope the next one will be similarly good. The soundtrack last time round was pretty good and I love Muse - if they're on the soundtrack, it'll make it that little bit better again! :D

The tracks that are actually on the New Moon soundtrack are being announced tomorrow apparently :D Not confirmed but the possibles include Muse, Thom Yorke, Bon Iver and Band Of Skulls - Death Cab For Cutie are the only definite band confirmed.

Great news, ScarletBella! I will be keeping my ears/eyes peeled for soundtrack deets :D.

I too really liked the soundtrack for the first movie. It introduced me to a lot of great bands that I had never before considered. Has anyone heard the offical first single by Death Cab for Cutie? I've only heard a snippet so far.

I found it on YouTube but I'm not sure if it's still on there - will go check and send you a link if it is :D

Yep, it's here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVMpPCSnKJg

Here's a better vid made using the official trailers -

Sorry, don't know how to do the linky thing!

Edited by Fi
Adding another link

There is a report on Digital Spy that they are up for the next Bond theme as well.

Some people do get about, don't they?!

Please let this be true .. I've been thinking for ages that their sound is so apt for Bond music .. really epic and 'live and let dieish' ... I would love them to do a Bond theme.

The Muse track that's likely to be used is I Belong To You - the full listing is meant to be announced later today!

Thanks for that .. it was one of my guesses .. I love that song now.

I'm still not sure whether to be pleased about it or not.

It's one more step towards world domination though .. and I don't see it as 'selling out' .. what do they create music for if it's not for people to hear.

It's one more step towards world domination though .. and I don't see it as 'selling out' .. what do they create music for if it's not for people to hear.

It is a great song! And I get what you mean, I think the problem is that people should like Muse for their music and not because they're associated with the Twilight Saga. A friend was saying the other day that people could come to think of them - and also Paramore - as Twilight bands & nothing else.

It is a great song! And I get what you mean, I think the problem is that people should like Muse for their music and not because they're associated with the Twilight Saga. A friend was saying the other day that people could come to think of them - and also Paramore - as Twilight bands & nothing else.

Now that wouldn't be good .. I'm not so sure I want to see a sticker saying 'Fred and Mabel's favourite band :Tantrum:' (I know the names are wrong) on 'The Resistance' .. I was shocked when I saw dear old Emily Bronte's masterpiece re-packaged as such. We must do our best to let the world know that they aren't simply a Twilight band .. they are infact the best band in the world .. bar none.

Unfortunately, as Wuthering Heights has proved, it could happen :motz:While Twilight has been successful in getting people to read books, it's kind of taken on a life of its own and so anything associated with it will be known as that Twilight *insert book/band/cd/film* here :friends0:

And they are definitely the best band in the world - no questions asked :D

Ha! I guessed that one too - all we need now is that Bond theme....