Extended Movies

Katrina1968

As I'm a BIG LOTRs fan and HP fan, I had to purchase the extended version of LOTR's. ALL OF THEM:smile2: I can sit and watch them all, back to back. My family thinks I'm nuts, this just confirms it.

Harry Potter, however is NOT in extended edition. This bothers me as I've SEEN the first two movies in extended form. I love them. What I dont understand is why they arent on DVD yet. I've heard rumors that they may be available near the end of the year. That would be great because I'm holding up approximately 8 hours of recording time on my DVR! I've been able to record them and save them but I would much rather have them in CD form.

So, can you actually sit through a marathon of extended epic movies in one sitting?

And, do you have the extended version of HP available?

Hi Katrina!

I have done the LOTR marathon, and I have done it with the BBC Torchwood series that was on in the UK a couple of months ago (5 episodes at an hour each). I've also done it with the BBC P&P with Colin Firth.

I have to say I enjoyed each marathon, but apart from Torchwood (because I can't) I'd much rather read the books non-stop :blush:

x

I have watched the original Star Wars trilogy through in one hit a couple of times, and the first three (good) Indiana Jones films as well. I'm not sure, but I may have watched the Back to the Future films though in one day as well, but if I did it was a number of years ago and the recollection of doing it has faded from my mind . . .

I tried watching the cinema releases of Lord of the Rings through once and only made it to the end of Two Towers before I suffered Hobbit overload and threw in the towel.

I quite often watch several TV episodes back-to-back, but I've not watched Torchwood: Children of Earth through in one hit yet, something for when I eventually get it on DVD!

I have all the extended releases of The Lord of the Rings also, and since my two brothers are also fanatical fans, I invited them over to my house a few years ago and we had a LOTR movie marathon. The only breaks we took were meal breaks. It took over 12 hours! But it was SO worth it. :lol:

I do that same LOTR marathon every Christmas :lol: I can't find my copies of the dvds now though :S

Freaky. I do the LOTR marathon every christmas, too! I get pizza in, bacon in, the works and just veg for a day. It always makes me weepy when Pippin is singing to Denethor whilst poor old Faramir and his boys are getting their harris's kicked by the dirty orcs!

Freaky. I do the LOTR marathon every christmas, too! I get pizza in, bacon in, the works and just veg for a day. It always makes me weepy when Pippin is singing to Denethor whilst poor old Faramir and his boys are getting their harris's kicked by the dirty orcs!

Yuss! So do I!!! :lol: