Derren Brown

Michelle

I am just a tiny bit in love with Derren Brown. Hubby keeps pointing out that he's gay and very happy with his partner, but it doesn't stop me fancyingthe pants off him! :lol:
Kell isn't he a dream! In that photo of me with him what you didn't see was he had his arms wrapped right around me! Why don't you go and see one of his live shows?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kell isn't he a dream! In that photo of me with him what you didn't see was he had his arms wrapped right around me! Why don't you go and see one of his live shows?

because they have security to restrain people like her :lol:

I think he was talking about Kell. You asked why she doesn't go to a live show, and Beef said coz they have security to restrain people like her. It was a joke.

yes. exactly, I thought that would have been obvious.

I'd love to - I hope he does a show in Aberdeen one of these days.

because they have security to restrain people like her :lol:

I use to BE security - LOL! They probably would have to restrain me tough - he's one of very few celebs that might actually send me over the edge! :(

I am just a tiny bit in love with Derren Brown. Hubby keeps pointing out that he's gay and very happy with his partner, but it doesn't stop me fancyingthe pants off him! :lol:

All the best men are gay or taken. Derren is apparently both. Darn. I didn't know that. :lol:

I didn't know that he was gay until I read about it in this weekend's Sunday Times - there was a long article about him in there (glad I bought that paper - we only bought it to get the free Shawshank Redemption dvd!) I was gutted because I fancy the pants off him...........:( Oh well, I guess I can chalk that up to another gorgeous man I can't have!

I'd love to - I hope he does a show in Aberdeen one of these days.

I use to BE security - LOL! They probably would have to restrain me tough - he's one of very few celebs that might actually send me over the edge! :D

Kell, I do hope you get to see him - he's brilliant live & far sexier in person! Far more charismtic, too! Hmmmmm, maybe it's a good thing he's gay?

Ruth, would you recommend the book? It interests me, but the amazon reviews were mixed.

Michelle, only just seen your post - sorry for not replying earlier. I would recommend the book; I enjoyed it a lot, but best in mind that I am a fan, so was probably predisposed towards liking it.

Michelle, only just seen your post - sorry for not replying earlier. I would recommend the book; I enjoyed it a lot, but best in mind that I am a fan, so was probably predisposed towards liking it.

or maybe he embedded mind control in his book! :lol:

So, after last week's lottery stunt, who will be watching this Friday when he tries to glue gthe nation to their seats? How much success do you think he'll have? How do you think he'll go about doing it?

I'm going to watch it and take part at home to see if he can glue me to my seat! But I'm a bit worried - what if I can never get up again? Actually, I'm in two minds about this!

I haven't a clue how he'll do it - hypnosis maybe? But I don't think that works through TVs!

I can think of worse things than being glued to the sofa on a Friday night!!

I will definitely be watching. I went to see a hypnotist a few years ago - on stage I mean, not a one-to-one session. About half of the audience were hypnotised, but I was one of the half who was not.

I really want to watch tonight, but due to other circumstances I can't. Don't really know what he's going to do though, I wouldn't have thought hypnosis was possible through the TV set.

So, did anyone watch this? And was anyone glued to their seat?

I chickened out in the end, and videoed it, then didn't watch the film that was supposed to make you unable to get up. Derren was rather naughty though, because as he was saying that he was about to show the film, he was already flashing up subliminal images (which I spotted, so they weren't exactly that subliminal!). The first image was very quick, and I saw a black line drawing of a man sitting on a wooden chair, on a white background. The second time I saw it, it seemed to be on a bit longer and I saw that the man had coils of rope wrapped round his chest, tying him to the chair!

I thought that wasn't really on, to tell people they had a choice of whether to watch the film and then start flashing the images before the film started.

In the trick where the woman was trying not to choose the one "lose" t-shirt out of twenty, I saw what Derren was doing - the "lose" one was number 19, and he kept mentioning 19 over and over again, eg "You have to get rid of 19" etc. It obviously worked, as I wanted to pick 19 myself!

I didn't twig how he did the Hamleys trick, until he went back and explained it. Though I had noticed a few things like the giraffe print around the store, I didn't put everything together.

Overall, it was an interesting programme. :D Apparently, C4 have had a lot of complaints - half were complaining that the "glued to your seat" stunt shouldn't have been allowed, and the other half were complaining that it didn't work on them! :friends0:

I watched it with my boyfriend and we were both very open and did everything he said but neither of us were stuck to our seats or felt anything at all. I was quite dissapointed. A couple of people at work said they tried it too and nothing happened to them either.

I spotted the subliminal images too but BF didn't notice anything.

Also I thought the homeless man act was a bit strange, is it really possible to collect

At last, someone else who watched it! I've been dying to know if it worked on anyone. Perhaps they all chickened out, like me! :(

I forgot about the homeless man stunt. It did seem a bit strange... Maybe we should all rearrange a few window displays in the local shopping centre and try it! :friends0:

I know a few people that felt heavy and / or got stuck to their seats, so I do think it worked on some people. It's going to be sad because anything he does wrong people will be annoyed at.. and I think that's because of all the hype that's been about. He has two shows left to prove himself though, so I imagine he's got some surprises yet.

I watched it - wasn't stuck to my seat though, and neither was hubby. I don't think I was really open to the idea that I would be, which may have made a difference. I actually thought the other parts of the show were better - the bits in the toy shop and the shopping centre.