In The News (Cont..)

Lilywhite

How does one get to the stage where it's possible to ingest enough to kill oneself anyway?

The same way one gets to be able to drink 15 pints on a night out - Practice.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd not heard of him, but looking at his IMDB page, he had loads of new stuff either completed or in pre-production. What a waste of a young life. RIP :smile2:

You've never seen The Lost Boys??? It's an 80s classic - vampires, teenagers, cool - it rewrote how vampires were represented in film for the MTV generation. It's one of my favourite films of all time and I'm very sad the Haimster is gone. We all knew he had problems, but what a shame. Let's hope the Feldog is wiser than his friend and we don't see a sad headline reading "Corey Feldman follows Haim to the grave with similar overdose" - that would just be too sad.

You've never seen The Lost Boys??? It's an 80s classic - vampires, teenagers, cool - it rewrote how vampires were represented in film for the MTV generation.

Nope, I've never seen it (I thought it was about Peter Pan! :giggle::smile2: ). I guess it might be shown on TV at some stage in light of this, so I'll look out for it - although I don't usually "do" vampires. :irked:

- although I don't usually "do" vampires. :giggle:

No, Janet. Although there are plenty of folk on here that would happily...

...aaaand I'll leave that there, just hanging around...:smile2:

:irked:

Ahem, yes Mac, 'tis true :smile2:.

Apparently Haim had been in and out of rehab about 15 times, according to the news. I thought I'd heard that his friend Corey Feldman had been doing better though, so hopefully he won't be following suit.

That smiley made me, well, smile. :lol: It's terrific.

:yes: It's good, isn't it!

"332 left the list after a tough year". Yeah, it must be tough to only have millions in the bank and not billions :D

I know. How will they manage?!

Kell, I can't believe that this story could even be published. I have been watching it on the news this morning thinking how Jamie Bulgers mum must e feeling watching it.

"Extremely unpleasant" is a very poor choice of words, you do not descibe a two year old being tortured and murdered as unpleasant.

Words fail me..... :)

Beacons were lit along the length of Hadrian's Wall in the UK this weekend. I thought this was a terrific event, just wish I could have attended.

Hadrian's Wall has been lit from end to end by a team of 500 volunteers holding flaming torches. The "line of light" followed an 84-mile (135km) national walking trail that shadows the route of the Roman wall spanning northern England. Volunteers with gas-powered beacons stood 820ft (250m) apart, with the line of light lasting for about 30 minutes.

The first torch was lit at Segedunum Roman Fort in Wallsend, North Tyneside, at about 1800 GMT. The final beacon was ignited at Bowness-on-Solway, on Cumbria's west coast, about an hour later.

The chief executive of Hadrian's Wall Heritage, Linda Tuttiett, said it was a great moment, adding that "...we're so thankful, we worked with all of the landowners (120+) across the wall who have been absolutely fantastic in helping us realise this special moment and we just want to share it with the world, really." Organisers described the response for volunteers as "overwhelming", with people from as far afield as Canada and Australia signing up to take part.