What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed up late last night to finish 84 Charing Cross Road. I preferred the original story to the one that followed it - The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street. But both were excellent.

Now I'm reading Deathworld 1 by Harry Harrison, the first in a trilogy.

Am now onto Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier

I read that one earlier this year, paperplane. You'll have to let us know what you think!

I decided to start Leeway Cottage by Beth Gutcheon tonight. It was one my friend's mom lent me and I know she's excited to hear what I think of it :D.

I'm still reading From Dead to Worse. Things are definitely getting worse! :S

Which one is Dead to Worse again Frankie? The later books all kind of merge into one for me until Dead & Gone (book 9).

Aren't you enjoying it? :D

Which one is Dead to Worse again Frankie? The later books all kind of merge into one for me until Dead & Gone (book 9).

I agree. After Dead to the World, they all kind of merge for me too. I did love Dead and Gone though :D

From Dead to Worse is the 8th book of the series. I'm definitely enjoying the book, it's the events in the book that are getting worse. Book 8 is

the one with the Queen getting killed, King of Nevada taking over, Quinn being an asshole with rescuing his sister and not thinking how things'll affect Sookie. Basicly things are getting upside down and a war seems inevitable. Eric is his darling lovable self :irked:

I'm going to visit my BF this weekend and I'm packing From Dead to Worse (unfortunately there's no way I have enough time to finish it before I need to get going), Dead & Gone, and Chelsea Cain's Evil at Heart. I did promise to myself that I wouldn't be buying any books this month but I just don't think I can resist Lappeenranta's charityshops and secondhand bookshops :D

I'm halfway through The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and *shock horror* I've made some progress with The Host in that I've actually managed to get past the 50 pages I've always stalled at before :D

I'm halfway through The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and *shock horror* I've made some progress with The Host in that I've actually managed to get past the 50 pages I've always stalled at before :D

What's The Lost Symbol like?

I finished reading Tuck and have started the first book in the Chrestomanci series - Charmed Life

I've reached page 50 too - I thought it picked up a bit more when she woke up.

Saw The Lost Symbol in Tesco last night but decided to wait until it comes out in paperback as I have enough books to keep me going for the time being!

I have finally, finally, FINALLY started 'The Time Travellers Wife'.

I have lots of books on my shelf (also on a stack next to the sofa, on my bedside cabinet, another stack on the landing etc etc.) waiting to be read, but I have been strangely obsessing about this book, but I felt commited to finishing other books first.

I have genuinely felt that I am going weird over this. So finally *sigh* I have started, properly and correctly, I have started. :D

My mojo has gone completely awol and I haven't read anything in a good few days :D

On a brighter note! :D I did receive a copy of 'The Time Travellers Wife' today in the post from Chrissy!!

thank you Chrissy! You're a real sweetheart :friends0:I'll wait til Mr Mojo returns properly so as to give it my full attention :) Looking forward to hearing what you think of it too, I know you've been looking forward to it so I hope it doesn't disappoint! :irked:

Charm, I hope you get your runaway, cowardly Mr Mojo back soon :D

Well, I didn't even get to Lappeenranta before I bought a book on this trip :D I went to a secondhand bookshop on my way to the train station and bought Fannie Flagg's Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!.

Charm, I think you'll love The Time Traveller's Wife! I'm about 1/2 way through uit, but haven't picked it (or anything else for that matter) up in over a week. Until our Budget is approved at work I am too busy & too tired to read anything!

Roxi - glad you liked Too Close to Home! I loved it & would agree with you about the ending. I though Jim Cutter was a very funny character & agree that he did come out with some great lines.

I stayed up late last night to finish 84 Charing Cross Road. I preferred the original story to the one that followed it - The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street. But both were excellent.
Finished "84 Charing Cross Road" earlier today (OMG OMG ACHIEVEMENT - my mojo is so nonexistent this is the first thing I've completed since Jasper Fforde's "The Book of Lost Plots" in, er, January or February I think it was...). It was beautiful, I still have a lump in my throat and my heart is screaming REVIEW THIS NOW!!!, but I'll behave and postpone it until I've finished "The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street" as well.

On a less enchanting note, I wandered into TWO bookshops today and completely failed to buy anything... what's wrong with me???

On a less enchanting note, I wandered into TWO bookshops today and completely failed to buy anything... what's wrong with me???

Sorry but that's a big crime.

You could get arrested for that!

:D

I did that last week. I did question my sanity a bit!

I haven't done any reading today. I'm currently reading Vulnerable by Amy Lane and so far, I'm not impressed. It's full of errors, really obvious ones and the story isn't great so far either. :D Still, I'll carry on with it!

About to make a list in my diary (so I don't forget in the future) of which books so far this year have had an impact on me. Off the top of my head, I've thought of Testimony, The Time Traveller's Wife, Water For Elephants, The Outcast and Boy A. I'm sure there's more, I'll have to check in my lil notebook!

Whoo Hooo, my first Sookie book has arrived, so I will now be able to understand what all the fuss is about! :irked:

I do have some books to read before hand but this will really give my mojo a boost!

:D:mrgreen::D Hope you enjoy it!