What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

I don't think I did any reading yesterday either :irked: however started bright and early this morning and should finish A Small Part of History today only 80ish pages to go :lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had today off and managed to read Evernight by Claudia Gray in one sitting. I'm a bit ho hum about where this series is actually going it just kinda wafs along with the occasional - oh by the way did I tell you such and such (important information here) cos it's like so part of where we were going with this didn't I tell you - oh my bad. I have already got the second in the series Stargazer and I'm sarting that next to see if we are actually going somewhere or are just wondering around aimlessly. :irked:

oh by the way did I tell you such and such (important information here) cos it's like so part of where we were going with this didn't I tell you - oh my bad
The way you put this nearly made me spill my coffee :irked: I can see it being irksome, though :lol:.

Just finished No Time for Goodbye and I'm now reading collections of short stories to tide me over this week. We're away for a week's holiday next week and I haven't decided what to take with me to read yet.

We're going up to the Lakes so I suppose it would be good to take something set in the region (no, not Beatrix Potter;)), anyone got any ideas?:irked:

Guest velocipede2288

Giving myself a rest from detective fiction and started reading an anthology of science fiction short stories. The Legend book of Science fiction.So far have read The country of the Kind,Damon Knight. Aristotle L. Sprague de Camp. The Other Celia, Theodore Sturgeon, and started, Casey Agonistes by Richard McKenna.

I am halfway through 'Oryx and Crake' by Margaret Atwood and the sort of sequel to it, 'The Year of the Flood' arrived today. :irked:

Almost finished Ghostwalk this weekend! I have about 50 pages left, so hopefully will polish them off this evening before bed. It's very... odd ? Not sure if that's the right term, but needless to say it's different :irked:.

I went into Waterstones today and came out empty handed. :irked: I just couldn't find anything I fancied reading. To be fair, I do have 100+ books at home to read so I didn't need another one but I just love buying new books. I'm sure most of you know that feeling!

I went into Waterstones today and came out empty handed. :irked: I just couldn't find anything I fancied reading. To be fair, I do have 100+ books at home to read so I didn't need another one but I just love buying new books. I'm sure most of you know that feeling!

Shocking!! You are far more restrained than me, I'd have bought something anyway! Although I was on their website last night, and I've added 3 books to my wishlist on there, but have decided not to get them until pay day!

I'm just about coming to the end of Shake! It's taken me a week to read, really slow for me, especially since I'm enjoying it. Think I'll read Notes from an Exhibition next as someone has lent it to me.

Shocking!! You are far more restrained than me, I'd have bought something anyway!

I know, it's not like me at all! I do have a wishlist but completely forgot it when I went in there. Typical!

Read more of Lessons in Heartbreak into the early hours this morning. It's an ok enough read but it's one that has several storylines going on at once. I always find I'm more interested in one, more than the others, so I'm impatiently waiting most of the time. :irked:

I went into Waterstones today and came out empty handed. :lol: I just couldn't find anything I fancied reading. To be fair, I do have 100+ books at home to read so I didn't need another one but I just love buying new books. I'm sure most of you know that feeling!

Sure do, I went in today too and came out with 3 books from the 3 for 2 offer :irked: Do I need more books? Absolutely not. Could I resist? No way! :lol:

I got ~

Katherine Howe - The Lost Book Of Salem

Derek Landy - Skulduggery Pleasant - The Faceless Ones

L.J. Smith - Dark Visions series (3 in 1)

Today I finished A Small Part of History and Radical Reformisson. I went to the library and took out Marshmallows for Breakfast, The History of Love and The Cave, which is a Quick Read

After reading genisis and it was so good (I have wrote a review) I am not disheartened about reading another book and I doubt it be as good. :irked:

But I am reading something totally different and by a new author for me.

The electric church by Jeff Somers.

I am halfway through 'Oryx and Crake' by Margaret Atwood and the sort of sequel to it, 'The Year of the Flood' arrived today. :lol:

I read Oryx and Crake, maybe last year, and really enjoyed it even though it was a bit weird/strange. Hope you enjoy it too Paula

Not managed to read anything for a couple of days, the stress factor always knocks my reading on the head :irked:

I finished No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong and loved it, although I think I may have read it and Personal Demon in the wrong order :lol: It didn't really matter though, thank goodness.

Starting Living With The Dead by the same author now. :irked:

I just finished re-reading The Wakening by Paul Stewart - even now I thoroughly enjoy reading it! I loved it when I was 11, and now ten years later at nearly 22 I still love it. (It's recommended for 8-11 year olds, but it's a great story.)

Think I might write up a review now, it's just that good. :irked: