Wuthering Heights

Ophelia

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13.gifits not on here in Scotland (I could be wrong but I have checked everywhere on the tv guide and nothing), I don't know why, hopefully it will eventually be shown.

:)

I'm looking forward to it .. though I'm not rapt that it's on ITV .. I remember when they screened 'My Boy Jack' .. and because of the adverts I could hardly make out if Jack had gone to war or to buy a carpet.

I'm looking forward to it .. though I'm not rapt that it's on ITV .. I remember when they screened 'My Boy Jack' .. and because of the adverts I could hardly make out if Jack had gone to war or to buy a carpet.

That made me laugh! :)

I`m sort of watching but I wish I`d sky plussed it so I could wizz through the adverts. :)

I haven't seen that, is that the black and white one? My mum said I should watch it. I was a little disappointed in it, even though Tom Hardy makes a rather yummy Heathcliff, they seem to have missed out massive chunks of the story, and they're not showing it in the correct order. I don't understand why they can't just stick to the actual story when they do these things! Maybe the fact that I've literally just finished reading it for the first time is making me a bit more picky about the visual version.

As someone who hasn't read the book (like amethyst, I was going to try to read it first, but I couldn't find my copy :) ) I had no idea of the story (bar what Kate Bush had told me :) ) and consequently I really enjoyed the first part!

Is part 2 tomorrow, or next Sunday?

ETA: Mel Giedroyc's brother Directed it, apparently - I didn't know she had a brother!

Edited by Janet

I haven't seen that, is that the black and white one? My mum said I should watch it. I was a little disappointed in it, even though Tom Hardy makes a rather yummy Heathcliff, they seem to have missed out massive chunks of the story, and they're not showing it in the correct order. I don't understand why they can't just stick to the actual story when they do these things! Maybe the fact that I've literally just finished reading it for the first time is making me a bit more picky about the visual version.

Yes it is. Tom Hardy is okay but I can't get past Andrew Lincoln without thinking of This Life, I've never particularly liked him as an actor. I get that they're never going to faithfully follow the book but I really don't like how they've adapted it this time round.

No I don't like Andrew Lincoln in it either. I feel they should have used someone a bit more timid and meek?

Yes, exactly! He doesn't have the right nuances to play Linton, for want of a better expression :)

I've got this waiting for me on sky plus :)

I'm sure (although not 100%) that ITV adapted Wuthering heights in the 70's or 80's and it was terrible so I've been waiting for this adaptation, hoping that it's better than the last.

The next part is on tomorrow night at the same time.

Thanks. :) I let my daughter (12) stay up and watch part 1 (she didn't wake up until 10am today) so I guess I'll be doing the same tonight! She's going to be knackered tomorrow! :)

Thanks. :) I let my daughter (12) stay up and watch part 1 (she didn't wake up until 10am today) so I guess I'll be doing the same tonight! She's going to be knackered tomorrow! :)

Aww bless her! Tonight does look a bit better than last nights, but I guess that's because they haven't shown the best parts of the story yet.

I really don't understand why they started it where they did either, makes no sense at all!