How many new buys per year??

Fev

:) I'm almost obsessive about buying books - I can't pass a bookshop without nipping in and spending vast amounts of cash, damn it! I need a pill...

My first thought was "too many", but is there really such a thing as too many books? As for the actual number of books I buy in a year: I have no idea, and I don't want to know. I know I buy books faster than I can read them, but, eh. That's why bookshelves were invented. And attics. That space under the bed. And, um, bathrooms.:)

The majority of my books are second hand and I buy an awful lot of them. I do from time to time buy brand new books, especially if it is a new release of a series I am into but I dont see much point in spending a lot of money I cant actually afford as a poor student when I could spend the same amount as I would on one new book and get a few I will really enjoy!

I buy most books on Amazon, be they new or second hand they never cost more than €5 including postage, and the rest are €1-€3 in second hand bookshops. I don't know how many brand new books I've bought this year, but I've bought nearly 50 books. Okay that's frightening. No wonder I'm broke.

I buy most of my books new. I love having a look through the sale shelves, because usually they have a lot more interesting books on there than in the rest of the store - my experience, anyway. If I have the time to, though, I visit the secondhand bookstore. :motz:

Edit: Thanks for the interesting thread Fev, it's been intriguing to read how others like to do their bookshopping :D

Hehe, you're welcome! I'm finding it fascinating too. Wish I could afford to buy as many books as some of you guys, but on the other hand like I said, it's a special treat for me and I treasure all my new books.

(Forgot to say I also tend to get quite a few new books for Christmas and birthday - I'm easy to shop for :D)