Goosebumps

One of my favourite books to read when I was younger was the Goosebumps books by R.L.Stine :lol: I collected every single book and was a member of the Goosebumps club - they would send you magazines, freebies and a goosebumps book once a month :lol: I also watched the Goosebumps TV show too.

Was anyone else a fan of Goosebumps?

Which one was your favourite?

My favourite was Be Careful What You Wish For.

My daughter was sorting through some of her old books and there were a few Goosebumps books amongst them. The curse of the Mummys Tomb is one of them, I seem to recall that particular story gave her nightmares! :lol:

I loved them, I used to have so many... my personal favourites were the "Night of the Livind Dummy" ones and "Say Cheese and Die". When I got a bit older I was delighted to find that R.L. Stine had been quite prolific on account of "Point Horror"s as well. Good times :lol: I remember my mum didn't 100% approve but as they were geared towards a young audience I was still allowed them, albeit begrudgingly.

OMG, I was addicted to these books. They deserve credit for me getting into reading. My Dad use to buy them for me. He would come home from work sometimes and have a new Goosebumps book for me. My Mom didn't approve, but my Dad said as long as he is reading it can't hurt. I watched the shows, the whole nine yards. Brings back great memories :lol:

Ghost Beach was my favorite, I love the cover!

When I got a bit older I was delighted to find that R.L. Stine had been quite prolific on account of "Point Horror"s as well. Good times :lol:

I loved reading the Point Horror books too and I still have my collection of them. The ones based on Fear Street by R.L.Stine were my favourite they were brilliant :lol:

Goosebumps were great, my favourite was always 'Welcome To Dead House'.

I preferred Point Horror Unleashed, as they were a little more mature. I still love Catchman, although I haven't read it in years. It's one of my all time favourite books. Okay that decides it, I'm buying it.

Another great book, although not of the Goosebumps and Point Horror genres, was by Christopher Pike, and it was called 'Chain Letter'. Does anyone remember that? It was SUPERB. It had one of the best endings of any book I've ever read, EVER. And it was only a kid's book.

I never read the Goosebumps books (I was a little old when my sister started reading them - I was already growing out of the Point Horror series by that time and moving onto King, Koontz, Herbert and Layman - LOL!). However, I used to buy them as prezzies for my young cousins and they lapped them up - certainly got them reading! :lol:

Stay Out of the Basement! or something along those lines was amazing, the cover used to scare me so i always turned it the other way :D And Ghost Beach was amazing, i remember that story even now, t'was great! The Beast from the East i loved, it was really weird and had a strange atmosphere. And of course, Welcome to Camp Nightmare is a classic too :)

Oh, I loved the Goosebumps series! They really scared me. :) There were two books in particular (although their titles elude me now) that was particularly creepy. One was about a camera that takes horrific pictures that actually come true, and the other about a mirror that makes people disappear - I love it when everyday objects take on a sinister quality in stories.

There were two books in particular (although their titles elude me now) that was particularly creepy. One was about a camera that takes horrific pictures that actually come true
That was "Say Cheese and Die", easily one of my favourites too.

"Why I'm Afraid of Bees" (in which I'm pretty sure the kid in question turns into a bee his fmily continually tries to squash him, Kafka-style) was also pretty awesome.

Ahh Say Cheese and Die, Slappy the Dummy, that mirror one, memories! I have a few Goosebumps books lying about, i need to dig them out. I may also watch some of the shows again :)

Check out this link http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/08/18/rl-stines-goosebumps-books-headed-to-the-big-screen/

R.L. Stine's Goosebumps Books Headed to the Big Screen

Sony Pictures picked up the rights to Scholastic's Goosebumps series of children's horror books written by R.L. Stine and has hired two writers to adapt them into a feature film.

This would be fantastic, I really hope this happens :)

Just looked up Goosebumps movie on imdb and it's currently in development with a release date of 2010 :D

Edited by SweetiiPie85