Comments written in library books

SueK

I had to complain at the library when I took my last book back, because although the librarian had written on the date stamp page at the front of the book "Scribble noted", I'm not sure she'd realised how bad it was - two pages had been more or less completely obliterated by what looked like a toddler scribbling on them. The pages were the end of one chapter and the beginning of another, so the first page was mainly blank anyway, but the second page was full of text and I couldn't make out some of the words. At least they're going to take it out of circulation now.

I never write in, or underline, or dog-ear books (I tried to underline a book for study once, very lightly in pencil, after a chapter I couldn't take it anymore and stopped) let alone library books. In fact, I go as far as to un-dog-ear them, which means that the books always get returned in a better condition than I borrowed them in.