Everything Wine

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok....I popped open the Casal Garcia. It's good:) although, a little less flavorful than the other...but also fizzy....but it's also really refreshing....really light and goes down easy...which could be good or bad, depending your mood:D

ok....I popped open the Casal Garcia. It's good:) although, a little less flavorful than the other...but also fizzy....but it's also really refreshing....really light and goes down easy...which could be good or bad, depending your mood:D

If you were going to buy a case, which of the 2 would you buy. :haha:

I should of had the gin BEFORE i went :D

just one more to go!!:D

Gotta stay on your best behaviour.

Room service last night here in DC: 2002 Blackstone Merlot, very nice!

Sofia the Vinha Du Monte was absolutely lovely. I see myself enjoying that all fall.

Good news for me, my local wine shop now finally carries my favorite wine- Ercavio. For some time I've had to really search to get just a few bottles of this lovely white wine. Not anymore I bought a case of it, now that they keep it in stock.

Room service last night here in DC: 2002 Blackstone Merlot, very nice!

Sofia the Vinha Du Monte was absolutely lovely. I see myself enjoying that all fall.

Good news for me, my local wine shop now finally carries my favorite wine- Ercavio. For some time I've had to really search to get just a few bottles of this lovely white wine. Not anymore I bought a case of it, now that they keep it in stock.

Are you going to keep the location of this wine a secret. :D

Guess you didn't get over to Calvert-Woodley and fill up your trunk with their wine specials. :D

one of each;)

I am always on my best behavior;)

usually.

Ok, guess I will have to buy some of each. I agree your behavior is exemplary. :D

btw, did you notice that dogmatix had kept secret her favorite wine, Eracvio Blanco, from us. I wonder why. :D:haha: I will definitely have to try some. Between you two I have discovered some great and enjoyable white wines. I found this description of "dogmatix's" favorite:

Ercavio Blanco

"The perfect summer sipper? Light, subtle, and clean, with notes of banana, mango, and papaya, this will blow away any Pinot Grigio at this price."

Time for my treadmill exercise.

I never told you about Ercavio? Hmmm I must have worried there was some kind of shortage or something. Anyways it is a wonderful summer wine and best served chilled. Goes great with tomato and mozarella salad.

Your turn to choose:

1. Ercavio

2. Nora

3. Vinho Verde

4. Las Brisas

Your turn to choose:

1. Ercavio

2. Nora

3. Vinho Verde

4. Las Brisas

Hmmm Muggs not sure what you mean - choose?

Tonight when I get back home I'll be dining at Vin Rouge in Durham. Muggle when you get down here it is a FABULOUS restaurant and they have a nice wine list. Check it out you, won't be disapointed.

Let's talk reds. Give me your top 4, but nothing ridiculous, you know less than $20-30 bucks.

Here are my standards:

Toasted Head - Merlot

Diamond - Merlot and Diamond - Claret

Madfish - a blended red

And my newest fav thanks to our dear Sophie: Vinha Du Monte - Muggs you gotta try that one!

And my newest fav thanks to our dear Sophie: Vinha Du Monte - Muggs you gotta try that one!

glad to hear you liked it! I haven't even opened mine yet...was going to wait for a special occassion, but at this rate it'll be vintage VERY quick:roll:

Hmmm Muggs not sure what you mean - choose?

Tonight when I get back home I'll be dining at Vin Rouge in Durham. Muggle when you get down here it is a FABULOUS restaurant and they have a nice wine list. Check it out you, won't be disapointed.

Let's talk reds. Give me your top 4, but nothing ridiculous, you know less than $20-30 bucks.

Here are my standards:

Toasted Head - Merlot

Diamond - Merlot and Diamond - Claret

Madfish - a blended red

Thanks dogmatix. I will have to check out the restaurant.

and thanks sofia, I will have to hunt down the Vinha Du Monte.

I will have to think some on the red wines as to my favorites.

Well guys Vin Rouge was unbelievable. I'll admit I had like 4 different wines and a scrumptious dinner, including escargot. I'm so happy right now. Food and wine= heaven on earth.

Had a Cotes Du Rhone tonight - do I really need to review this great wine?

Best news: tomorrow is my anniversary and I get tp pick another great restaurant.

Sometimes I have a difficult time trying to find some of the wines recommended by members on the forum. It would really be a big help if wine recommendations included both the "Country of origin" and entire "name of wine" plus whether it is a red or white. Example:

Vega Sindoa - Tempranillo / Merlot - Red - Spain

I am still trying to find the Ercavio -would appreciate more info on it. :)

Same with the Vinho Do Monte - red or white - Country - Producer :D

Help, I would really like to try those 2 wines, if I can find them :motz::dunno:

Sometimes I have a difficult time trying to find some of the wines recommended by members on the forum. It would really be a big help if wine recommendations included both the "Country of origin" and entire "name of wine" plus whether it is a red or white. Example:

Vega Sindoa - Tempranillo / Merlot - Red - Spain

I am still trying to find the Ercavio -would appreciate more info on it. :)

Same with the Vinho Do Monte - red or white - Country - Producer :D

Help, I would really like to try those 2 wines, if I can find them :motz::dunno:

Okay Muggs

The Ercavio Blanco 2004, Spanish White,

From the label - "An Eric Solomon/European Cellars Selection

Bodegas Ercavio - Ercavio Blanco 2004

www.europeancellars.com tel 704-358-1565 (NY, NY)"

Vinho Do Monte - ummmm well that one was so good that I drank both bottles and they're in the land fill now:smile2: However it's a red, Portugese I believe and I got it at Total Wine, which has a website you could search. I'll be buying more soon so I'll post more ino then.

Hope that helps.

I'm just back from Germany and have been drinking some lovely (and some indifferent) wine. Down in the Black Forest, near to Alsace. So the wine isn't typical German sweet white (although I like that, too). We did drink some fantastic eiswein and beerenauslese, but mainly it's crisper whites and reds, particularly weissburgunder, grauerburgunder and spatburgunder (pinot planc, pinot gris, pinot noir).

It's also harvest season, and they have the just-pressed wine, called neuer susser, which is lovely. It's unfiltered, very slightly alcoholic, and changes flavour all the time. Not subtle, and rather cider-like, but very good stuff.