True Blood

ScottHughes

So I just recently got into true blood.. and I am now reading the books (as I don't get HBO) and I'm about 3/4 of the way through the first book because the semester has started and I am to focused on my school work to read anything but a text book.. but I was just thinking about how tara isn't in the first book yet.. is she in it at all? I like her character was this just made up for the show?

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tara IS in the books, but she's pretty much a bit-part character and doesn't show up for a while. A few characters from the books have been fleshed out for the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, as the first Sookie Stackhouse book (Dead Until Dark) was published in 2001, and Twilight wasn't released until 2005, it would have to be the other way round, but really the only thing in common the two have is vampires and werewolves. Meyer's books are teen-angsty and Harris' books are a bit more mature.

Oh, and vampires shouldn't sparkle - LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

I know most of you have watched Season three, and as most of you know, the third series started last Friday on the Fx channel, well I watched it and I enjoyed it, there was a lot of humour in it which I liked and the most memorable scene ever with Eric! 1.gif

• 5 months later...

True Blood Is the best show ever on tv for me at least.It got every thing in it,Some people say its copy of twilight bla bla but those who see true blood known the difference there selves.

Right Bob,

I am agree with your thought. True Blood is one of the best tv show of mine.

Regards

Edited by Kell
Removed link as per rules

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finally getting caught up with TB and just finished watching episode nine of season 3. I should get the last 3 episodes on Tuesday from Netflix, and I'm curious to see how the season is going to end. Although who knows when I'll get to see season 4! Is that on for you guys in the UK yet?

I must admit that I didn't have enough patience to watch every ep of season 2, so I made a couple people tell me everything that happened :blush:. No surprise there are some holes in my memory then!

Does Sookie not work at Merlotte's any more? Did she quit at some point? Arlene just hired this slightly odd waitress Holly, and Jessica is the hostess, so I was curious. Also, I hope we haven't seen the end of Alcide? In season 3 at the end of ep 7 or 8 it seems like he was saying goodbye to Sookie for good :(. The third season has been extra bloody! I've never seen so many piles of red goo, but at the same time I've laughed a lot!

Don't worry, you'l lsee Alcide again. And yes, Sookie still works at Merlottes, she's just spending so much tmie away on vampire business that Sam has had to hire others to pick up the slack. ;)

Season 4 is only showing in the US at the moment (3 episodes so far), but there are means of seeing it even if you're not over there...

Don't worry, you'l lsee Alcide again. And yes, Sookie still works at Merlottes, she's just spending so much tmie away on vampire business that Sam has had to hire others to pick up the slack. ;)

Thanks, Kell!! I'm glad to know that Alcide will be back - now his werewolf team I would definitely be on ;). I'm glad too that Sookie still technically works at Merlotte's. It seems strange around there without her!

I watched the last episode of season 3 last night, and cheered when I saw Alcide back on the scene! :D

Even all burnt up, Russell was hilarious. I'm sure he'll be back one day, even being buried in all that concrete! TBH, Tara is getting on my nerves. All kinds of crazy and unfair things have happened to Sookie, and do you see her acting like Tara has been? She just slept with Sam, who is the nicest, sweetest guy, and she enjoyed it for what, 5 minutes before freaking out at his confession about shape-shifting?! I don't know why, but I don't have a ton of sympathy for her. Just deal with it and move on! I'm assuming that the whole Sookie shooting Debbie thing will happen in the 4th season? Oh! And even though Sookie took back her invite to Eric and Bill, I thought what Eric said to her before he left was sweet.

• 1 month later...

During my vacation I was finally able to see season 2, which I'd missed most of in the past. I've also been lucky enough to see all the new shows of season 4 and whoo-wee! I love it! I must admit that season 2 started to majorly rub me the wrong way and I just couldn't wait for it to be over.

The whole Maryann/wedding/sacrifice thing just felt so ridiculous to me, and I just couldn't get into seeing every last Bon Temps citizen being all Sodom and Gomorrah-like for an endless number of episodes. Ugh. I loved season 3 much more!

I must admit that season 2 started to majorly rub me the wrong way and I just couldn't wait for it to be over.

Oh, I hear ya! That whole plot line was really bugging me too. I haven't started on season 3 yet, but I'm glad to hear it gets much better. :)

• 7 months later...

With the news that Anna Paquin is expecting a baby, what does this mean for series 5? Will we have to wait? Will Sookie get a body double? Or will she walk about the set with an oversized bag covering her emerging bump and only do head shots like they do when other actors are pregnant.