Anyone read The Five Find Outers by Enid Blyton?

Not many people seem to remember this series of books due to the fact that the Famous Five doing so well in the shops! The characters in The Five Find Outers are much better, funnier and the books have twisting plots that always have suprising end!

The Main characters are; Fatty, Larry, Daisy, Pip, Bets and the wonderous Scottie Dog- Buster.

My favourite out of them all has to be the Spiteful Letters and The Burnt Cottage! I would reccomend these to Enid lovers! They are the perfect books to read with children! ;):D

;) I hope so. I've heard these Enid Blyton fans can be quite unforgiving. I think i probably read a couple, i always got them mixed up though! I remember the Island of Adventure or something, i'm not sure but it was a great read.

I loved the Cherry Tree Farm one with the wild man. I wanted to go live in the wild.

One of my favourite children's books of all time! I loved it, and as relevant now as it was when I first read it, with the popularity of programmes like River Cottage and Escape to the Country and the like showing how families are still choosing to move to the country.

What age group are the Five Find Outers written for? I grew up loving the Fives books, Mallory Towers, and the 'Adventure' series, but I never came across the Five Find Outers. My daughter and now her children love Enid Blyton too, and I'm always on the lookout for more. I've lived in the States for many years and have recently discovered the Book Depository with its free shipping, so Enid Blyton books are much more affordable now.

I read these many, many years ago and from memory, they're aimed at a younger audience than the Famous Five books. The children in these stories are younger (aged 7 to 12 I think) than George, Julian et al. :welcome:

ETA: Have you come across what are now called 'the Barney books'? The Rilloby Fair Mystery, The Rat-a-tat Mystery... I think they're for older children.

Rilloby Fair

Edited by Janet