Gilmore Girls

frankie

Brilliant stuff Kylie. They seem to have GG on a loop over here, having just finished the final episode, followed a few days later back around at the pilot. 

A deer ran into the car Rory was driving in the one I managed to catch the other day.  :D

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant stuff Kylie. They seem to have GG on a loop over here, having just finished the final episode, followed a few days later back around at the pilot. 

A deer ran into the car Rory was driving in the one I managed to catch the other day.  :D

'You hit a deer?!'

'No! I got hit by a deer!'

:lol:

• 2 months later...

I finally got around the watching the entire Gilmore Girls panel discussion from the ATX reunion in June. I've posted it below in case anyone wants to watch it. It's 1 hour and 40 minutes long, but worth it! I won't talk too much about it, except for one thing...

At the end they had a question time for the audience and one woman mentioned the Rory Gilmore reading challenge! I thought that was so cool. :) She just sort of mentioned how it was a 'thing' and that it's an expensive hobby if you want to complete the whole list. :D She also mentioned that there are GG drinking games that one can play (apparently to be found on Pinterest), where you take a drink every time Lorelai is sarcastic or Emily asks 'where is that maid?' :D I'll have to look up Pinterest and see if there are any others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVFzMZQTE28

Oh oh, here it is! The Gilmore Girls drinking game (from Buzzfeed). :D I don't really drink, but maybe I could do a sip of soft drink (or water—I'm pretty sure I don't drink enough!)

post-3835-0-31064300-1441277226_thumb.jpg

(Sorry for the thumbnail; I'm terrible with full-sized pics.)

• 1 month later...

Abby shared the most awesome news ever today...Gilmore Girls is returning to our screens!! Here's an article about it. Better still, Amy Sherman-Palladino will be writing it! So I think we'll finally get to hear those four words that were supposed to be the final four words spoken on the show!! Apparently there will be four 90-minute episodes. I'm beyond excited! This is the best news EVER.  :exc: x infinity.

Speaking of those final four words, in the ATX panel video I posted last month, Lauren Graham said she didn't want to know what the four words were (to paraphrase) 'unless I'm the one speaking them or they're being said to me'. I thought that was a lovely thing to say. I think it shows that she still cares a lot about the show and her character.

The article I linked to above assumes that Melissa McCarthy won't be making an appearance on the show because she's so famous now. She didn't attend the ATX panel, but I was hoping that was because there was something she couldn't get out of. I really hope she'll make an appearance! She really doesn't seem like the kind of celebrity who would think something like that would be 'beneath' her.

• 1 month later...

Here's a little news about the upcoming show. Personally, I don't at all believe that they will end Lorelei and Luke's relationship. I'm pretty sure one of the major reasons for the show's return is to resolve what happened to them (i.e., resolve it in the way we all want!) Surely the new love interest would have to be for Rory.

Apparently 'each episode will represent a different season over the course of one calendar year and it will be set in present day, roughly eight years after the series ended'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted in this thread!

Did you hear that Alexis Bledel had a baby last year with her husband? They kept that secret very well!

I can't wait for the new show. I think it's supposed to be airing near the end of the year.

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted in this thread!

Did you hear that Alexis Bledel had a baby last year with her husband? They kept that secret very well!

I did not :o :o :o

I can't wait for the new show. I think it's supposed to be airing near the end of the year.

In November, if I remember correctly. I can't believe it'll be available this year, when it's like they just started the negotiations and stuff :o :o :o I don't believe it!! :o

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Who else is SUPER excited about new episodes of Gilmore Girls?  They've released a trailer - click here - and it really is like seeing old friends again.

I don't actually have Netflix and I think my brother cancelled his subscription in order to take out Amazon Prime but I am seriously considering taking it out just so I can see these episodes.  I know Netflix has many Netflix only shows but does anyone know if they are released on DVD too or are they exclusive to subscribers?

I know Netflix has many Netflix only shows but does anyone know if they are released on DVD too or are they exclusive to subscribers?

I'd like to know this too. I don't subscribe to Netflix because our internet is too slow for things like that and because I prefer to own DVDs instead of streaming a TV show. So if anyone knows, I'd be grateful.

TV shows are still released on DVD. Pay TV subscriptions don't affect that.

Best news EVER!  Thanks Kylie.

I think I might just wait for it to be released on DVD then - hopefully won't have too long to wait- plus it will give me the chance to rewatch the series from the very beginning.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a dream the other night that I was watching the new episodes and

Luke didn't have any part in it :( :( :( I was gutted. He had been totally cut from the show. 

I'm happy to know my dream didn't foretell the truth of the show :D :D 

Very excited about tomorrow!!!! :exc:  For some reason or another, I thought the show would air on Saturday, but I'm so happy that it's going to air a day earlier than I thought! And Friday suits me better, actually. 

Yay! :D 

So, has anyone watched this yet?  Did you watch all four episodes back-to-back or are you going to pace yourself and watch them one at a time over a few days?

More to the point, without spoiling it for those of us who may have to wait a while to see them, what's it like?  Worth it?  Is the magic still there?

I watched the first three episodes, pretty much back to back. I was talking with Kylie for maybe 15-30 minutes after each episode. I really, really wanted to watch the fourth one as well but decided to savour it... I know Kylie watched the whole thing and I know Abby's seen it too. 

I'd decided beforehand I'd only watch one episode. But then there was something that I knew would continue in episode two, and so I thought I had to watch it, too. Then after the second episode there were a few certain 'aspects' that had not yet been present in the show and I thought I have to watch the third ep, too. And then there was this sort of a cliffhangerish thing and I so would've wanted to watch the fourth episode but restrained myself. 

The magic was there, and for me it was worth it. I hope that the fourth episode will only serve to make my opinion stronger. Hm, that was awkwardly put... I mean I hope the fourth episode brings certain things together for me personally and that it will make it all the better. 

Without going into detail, I loved how they did stuff that were very very Stars Hollow -like. Like certain festivals / events. It was like coming home in a way. I don't think I can say much more than that without getting into details and spoiling things. 

I would recommend it! And if you have Netflix already, it's like, why not watch it as you're already paying for Netflix, and on the other hand, if you don't have Netflix, why not join for a free trial month in order to watch the episodes. That's what I did :smile2:

Edit: ^ That is, if you live somewhere where you have access to Netflix. 

Edited by frankie