Hi from Germany :)

Escargot

Hi everyone,

I'm a 22y-old Student (in about 1000years I'll be a teacher for mentally disabled children). I looooove reading books, I do it on my way to University, on my way home, in my bed, ... etc.

Well, my English isn't the best, but I have a three big Dictionaries and leo.org :readingtwo:

I'm a big Fan of Stephen King (especially "The dark Tower" I+VII + the Graphic Novels). But I also read a lot Children's and Teen's books, e.g. I love Roald Dahl's book :D

I read English & German books. Actually I'm reading a German book ("Rubonrot"), just came out here a few months ago. I think it'll take some time until you can read in UK. But it's about a 16year-old girl who finds out that she's a trime-taveler.

Hi Escargot! Welcome to the forum! :readingtwo:

I was hunting around for a Stephen King book myself today.. Dolores Claiborne.. didn't find that one, but found some other good things. It will my first King read when I get my hands on it. :D

Hope you're enjoying the boards so far!

Wilkommen, Escargot! Ich bin Suzanna Addison. Ich liebe schreiben!

(I love writing:writing: ... Is that right? I taught myself basic German years ago and therefore real rusty on the lingo!)

Anyway's :readingtwo: I am new-ish here and I like fantasy and thrillers mainly. One of my favourite author's is Dean Koontz. And I am a classic stereotypical bookworm!

Have fun I am!

hi,

thx to all for your "welcomes" :readingtwo:

It seems to be real nice here :D

Wilkommen, Escargot! Ich bin Suzanna Addison. Ich liebe schreiben!

(I love writing:writing: ... Is that right? I taught myself basic German years ago and therefore real rusty on the lingo!)

you wrote it absolutely right ;)

Hello :readingtwo: and welcome.

If you're German and like children's books, have you ever read (possibly as an actual child, I'm more or less your age and they were being written when I was little) Angela Sommer-Bodenbur's "Der Kleine Vampir" (for the rest of you out there, "The Little Vampire")? It's sixteen books in all (two series of eight books each) following the unlikely friendship between a child vampire and a normal kid.

Do recommend!

Hello :readingtwo: and welcome.

If you're German and like children's books, have you ever read (possibly as an actual child, I'm more or less your age and they were being written when I was little) Angela Sommer-Bodenbur's "Der Kleine Vampir" (for the rest of you out there, "The Little Vampire")? It's sixteen books in all (two series of eight books each) following the unlikely friendship between a child vampire and a normal kid.

Do recommend!

Hi BookJumper,

no, I've never read these books - but I saw some parts of the stories on TV. They made a children's programm of it. It's a real nice story. maybe I should try the books, too :D

no, I've never read these books - but I saw some parts of the stories on TV. They made a children's programm of it. It's a real nice story. maybe I should try the books, too :readingtwo:

I remember watching those as a child, they were on English television as well, really faithful adaptations too (the vampire even looked like the vampire in the drawings from the series) so if you liked the television series (as opposed to the horrific hollywood remake which Americanised everything), you'll love the books :D.