Preorder titles

I know I am waiting on at least two books to be released soon,

Wildfire - Sarah Micklem - released May 09 - apparently....been waiting so long (sequel to firethorn)

The Good Angel of Death - Andrey Kurkov - released August 09

I'm interested in if there are any books you are anxiously waiting for that have not been released yet and that you may have preordered already?

I'm trying to be patient...luckily there are other books to read in the mean time

These are the books I'm waiting for this year, some are paperbacks releases that I'm waiting for others are new releases

Carlos Ruiz Zafon - The Angel's Game (Jun 1st)

Fern Britton - Fern: My Story (Jun 4th)

Dawn French - Dear Fatty (Jul 2nd)

Stephenie Meyer - The Host (Jul 2nd)

Jay Asher - Thirteen Reasons Why (Aug 6th)

Kelley Armstrong - Frostbitten (Sep 29th)

Patricia Cornwell - Scarpetta (Oct 7th)

Charlaine Harris - Grave Secret (Oct 27th)

Here are some of mine, also some PB and some new. All the dates I know are US release dates, and I haven't yet been able to determine when the Meyer and Chevalier books are coming out yet here. I may grow impatient though and have to order from Amazon UK :).

Stone's Fall: A Novel - Iain Pears (5 May)

The Glassblower of Murano - Marina Fiorato (26 May)

The Actor and the Housewife - Shannon Hale (9 June)

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown (15 September)

The Swan Thieves - Elizabeth Kostova (6 October)

The Host - Stephenie Meyer

Remarkable Creatures - Tracy Chevalier

For my part I'm desperately awaiting Jasper Fforde's new series starter "Shades of Grey", although having another four and a half of his books on my TBR pile it's probably good for my sanity that it's not out yet.

Grave Secret (Harper Connelly Mystery) by Charlaine Harris ~ 27 Oct 2009

Dead and Gone: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Myst) by Charlaine Harris ~ 11 Jun 2009

I have some dvds for pre~order too :)

Only one for me Jodi Picoult's Handle with Care, I don't tend to know what is going to be coming out in advance

It's out in the shops now - released last week

For myself:-

Philippa Gregory - The White Queen

Alison Weir - The Eagle and the Lion

Jeanne Kalogridis - The Devil's Queen :- A Novel of Catherine Medici

For my part I'm desperately awaiting Jasper Fforde's new series starter "Shades of Grey", although having another four and a half of his books on my TBR pile it's probably good for my sanity that it's not out yet.

Ooh yes I forgot about the Fforde! Thanks for reminding me :). I have not yet read The Fourth Bear, but was that and The Big Over Easy the only two in the Nursery Crime series?

I guess one thing about reading a lot of classics is that you're never waiting for new books by the author to be released. :lol::)

Although I guess you could say I'm waiting for Jasper Fforde's new book, even though I still have about 5 or 6 others to read. :)

Here are some of mine, also some PB and some new. All the dates I know are US release dates, and I haven't yet been able to determine when the Meyer and Chevalier books are coming out yet here. I may grow impatient though and have to order from Amazon UK :).

Stone's Fall: A Novel - Iain Pears (5 May)

The Glassblower of Murano - Marina Fiorato (26 May)

The Actor and the Housewife - Shannon Hale (9 June)

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown (15 September)

The Swan Thieves - Elizabeth Kostova (6 October)

The Host - Stephenie Meyer

Remarkable Creatures - Tracy Chevalier

If you order the UK titles from The Book Depository, you won't have to pay shipping from the UK.

To those of you who pre-order books (and on behalf of authors everywhere), my humble thanks. Pre-ordering a book helps to improve its sales ranking, which in turn could prompt the publisher to consider another printing. It also helps reinvigorate a book's sales and marketing team.

I have not yet read The Fourth Bear, but was that and The Big Over Easy the only two in the Nursery Crime series?

As far as I'm aware. Could this be the shortest spin-off ever? Tut, tut, Jasper.

If you order the UK titles from The Book Depository, you won't have to pay shipping from the UK.

Yes, Maggie, and thanks to you I saved that link! So thanks for reminding me :D. I will for sure be visiting that site when those books are released. Yippeee!!

With the exception of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and Snuff by Chuck Palaniuk, I never really know when things are due to be released to be honest. I usually have a wander around Waterstones at the weekend and if a new book by a good author is on the shelves I'll get it.

I'm not a forward thinker! :D

There are some books I order before they are actively available. With Amazon you have the recommendations section that will recommend books that are yet to be published.

May I add that I have an irrational complex about the term 'pre order'. It's just ordering, even if you are doing so before an item is available. The term is in use almost everywhere now - so my niggle at it's use is frequently challenged! :D

Edited by Chrissy
Cos I sounded reallllly harsh!

• 2 months later...

I'm also waiting for Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. And just like Nicola, I usually never know when new books that would definitely interest me are being published. When I read Chelsea Cain's Heartsick and Sweetheart I was so engrossed in them that I had to google Cain so I'd know if there's any more of this series in the making. And fortunately there is! Evil at Heart is due in September. At least there's something good in autumn approaching this year... :lol:

Frostbitten: A New Hunt Begins... and an Ancient Secret is Revealed by Kelley Armstrong

X-Men Origins: Wolverine ~ DVD (its for research purposes :lol:)

I'm also waiting for Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. And just like Nicola, I usually never know when new books that would definitely interest me are being published. When I read Chelsea Cain's Heartsick and Sweetheart I was so engrossed in them that I had to google Cain so I'd know if there's any more of this series in the making. And fortunately there is! Evil at Heart is due in September. At least there's something good in autumn approaching this year... :lol:

Ive been hearing good reviews about Heartsick. I should check it out!

I normally don't look forward to book releases. I look forward to movie releases, but to me books are different. I like to roam the isles at the local book store and discover old titles. I find the ones I have never heard of tend to be some of the better reads.

With that being said, I am looking forward to the new Dan Brown book. I hope it is more than just hype. Lets hope the book delivers. I am also looking forward to the new John Grisham book, whenever that will be.

I'm rather looking forward to the following:

The Original Frankenstey by Mary Shelley with Percy Shelley, being Mary's original text and hubby Percy's revised text published together, yet separate. This should feed the inner close reader...!

Dracula The Undeal by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt, being the only authorized sequel to Dracula, co-written by his direct descendant with access to Bram Stoker's notes re: characters and events purged by the original publisher of "Dracula"

Oscar's Books: A Journey Through the Library of Oscar Wilde by Thomas Wright, being what it says on the tin.

Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett, even though I have by no means exhausted the Discworld catalogue, just because I love the wizards to bits.

Bluestockings: The Remarkable Story of the First Women to Fight for an Education,

because I'm myself a woman trying to assert myself in the fairly chauvinistic field of academia.