The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

Superb Muggle. And it's true.

There's another very funny one but I can't post it as it has a rude word in it, but it has a photo of RPat as Edward, beside a photo of Nosferatu and under Edward it has a rude word, and below Nos it has 'vampire' and the poster says

'KNOW THE DIFFERENCE'

'It could save you $11'

hahaha my mind has connected the dots :D

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new pictures of the Volturi were (officially) released yesterday. I would post a link but I've lost the page :D I really think Dakota Fanning will be great as Jane but I didn't picture Aro to look like Michael Sheen - I saw him a lot older than that.

I've just remembered something I meant to post about a few weeks ago - has anyone seen the attempt to cash in with the Twilight inspired/branded copy of Wuthering Heights? It's being marketed in the YA section of bookshops and it has a black cover with a single flower on it, obviously tying in with the Twilight style and has what is meant to look like a sticker printed on the front with the quote "Bella & Edward's favourite book".

Edited by chesilbeach

The new pictures of the Volturi were (officially) released yesterday. I would post a link but I've lost the page :) I really think Dakota Fanning will be great as Jane but I didn't picture Aro to look like Michael Sheen - I saw him a lot older than that.

In the books isn't Aro described as paper white and ancient looking??? Definitely not how I pictured him! Have just seen the Wuthering Heights cover as well - though the whole 'Edward & Bella's favourite book' thing was a joke and actually Edward didn't like WH :)

I thought that new Wuthering Heights book cover was an awful idea as well. I'm sure there's some fans of that book which won't be best pleased about that reference. And like you say Scarlet, Edward didn't actually like it, did he? :)

I've seen the Volturi pictures too. Aro doesn't look quite like I imagined him but Jane looks amazing. :)

Jane and Alec look good but Marcus looks like Bill Nighy after a night out and Caius just looks ridiculous!

It's pointed out quite bluntly & quite often in the books that Edward doesn't like Wuthering Heights - methinks they could have done their research better!

Kind of false advertising though, saying 'Edward's favourite book' when anyone that has read Twilight knows it isn't :) :) Sorry, I'm picky about things like that!

I haven't seen the Wuthering Heights cover yet. But I can't help it, I like the look of Aro. I just love Michael Sheen in general though so anything he does I'll like :). I do like how the rest of them look too. I can't wait to see them on the big screen!

WH was definitely not their favourite book as a couple (Bella loves the book, as we know), but Edward couldn't believe how many times Bella had read it!

Here is the cover (I think), I googled it ~

wutheringheights.jpg

I like the look of Aro, Michael Sheen is a great actor, I think Marcus looks midly constipated (some vampire fybogel required?), Jane looks great and I like Alec's hair :)

Edited by Weave

I'd seen the one on the right, but the stairs in the background are very faint and it looks almost completely black with the white flower in front, and it was sat on a YA display table in amongst Twilight books, the House of Night series and some other fantasy books for teenagers.

I haven't seen the Wuthering Heights cover yet. But I can't help it, I like the look of Aro. I just love Michael Sheen in general though so anything he does I'll like :). I do like how the rest of them look too. I can't wait to see them on the big screen!

I love Michael Sheen but he doesn't look like my idea of Aro - everyone is going to have their own image of the characters and not everyone is going to be happy :)

That Wuthering Heights cover is a disgrace. I mean, it's sad enough that anyone thought it up, but what's even sadder is the belief that there are enough fangirls out there who will buy a book just because a fictional character likes it, to warrant marketing this. Again I say, the world is doomed.

That Wuthering Heights cover is a disgrace. I mean, it's sad enough that anyone thought it up, but what's even sadder is the belief that there are enough fangirls out there who will buy a book just because a fictional character likes it, to warrant marketing this. Again I say, the world is doomed.

Its good marketing, targeting a specific group (fan girls) as we know, but ultimately, its really tacky marketing :)

It is! Anyone who goes out and reads a book because a fictional character likes it, is like, obsessed or something, and THAT'S what they're appealing to.

I mean, half of them probably wouldn't even read Wuthering Heights ANYWAY once they realised what it's like.