The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

I really liked the first two books and I fell completely and utterley in love with Edward ;) I think that it helped having the image of Rob Patts in my mind though ;)

I didn't like Breaking Dawn at all.

Reasons:

The books were all leading up to Edward and Bella having 'relations' and when they finally got to it Meyer went to a page break :)

why did she have to get pregnant? not only was that stupid but it was really annoying that Bella was sleeping with Edward, eating loads, feeling ill and didn't even realise what was happening - durrrr!

The end was a complete anti-climax. it leads up to this massive event that doesn't even happen :lol:

However... I will certainly read Twilight (the first one) again some day. My favourite part?

When Edwrd saves Bella from those dodgy guys in the alley and then takes her to the restaurant *swooon*

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like Breaking Dawn at all.

Reasons:

The books were all leading up to Edward and Bella having 'relations' and when they finally got to it Meyer went to a page break

I think that's probably because the books are aimed at teens and they do have quite a large audience much younger than that, so I've noticed.

On the topic of Bella and Edward's 'relations', though: I think that could have been left out entirely. It made me feel a bit awkward, since the books are aimed at a young audience and it felt like Meyer was trying to be a bit too grown-up about it - I mean, really, biting pillows? Fun. But not for kids.

I think that's probably because the books are aimed at teens and they do have quite a large audience much younger than that, so I've noticed.

On the topic of Bella and Edward's 'relations', though: I think that could have been left out entirely. It made me feel a bit awkward, since the books are aimed at a young audience and it felt like Meyer was trying to be a bit too grown-up about it - I mean, really, biting pillows? Fun. But not for kids.

Yes I agree :lol: It wouldn't really be appropriate to go any further as they are for young teenagers but it was another case of leading up to something and then being dissapointed.

I am 22 :) I still really loved the first two books ;)

I started Twilight this afternoon when I got home from work and am a hundred pages in. Love it!

;)

Woo-hoo Nici!! ;) *tear* Aww all these new fans really choke me up!

I think everyone know's my feelings on BD. I'll just say thank goodness for the abundance of 'relations' that I can read in the Sookie Stackhouse books since Meyer left all of it out of her books! :lol::)

Woo-hoo Nici!! ;) *tear* Aww all these new fans really choke me up!

I think everyone know's my feelings on BD. I'll just say thank goodness for the abundance of 'relations' that I can read in the Sookie Stackhouse books since Meyer left all of it out of her books! :lol::)

Sookie definately makes up for it!

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I thought the acting was pretty bad, the whole falling in love thing happened way too easily (though that was the case in the book too) and just generally I thought a lot of it was very bland. The ballet studio scene, however, is epic. It makes the entire movie worth watching time and time again just to see that scene with RPat's song playing. It's superb.

Frankie, I think Roxi's right, just because I love a film, doesn't necessarily make it a good film. Same with the book, I know the writing is not great, but doesn't stop me enjoying it.

I can watch Twilight again and again and again, I'd never be able to give it more than 7 out of 10 because I know what I consider a 10 out of 10 film, and Twilight doesn't even come close. Sorry, I still love it, but it's not a great film by a long stretch!

I still think it's a great film. I loved the acting and I could feel the chemistry between the characters. People saying that the falling in love was a bit too easy, well I say that I thought it was too easy in the book as well.

I absolutely loved the atmosphere of the movie, the music was spot on.

Since we're talking about the films, I think there's going to be some new footage of New Moon premiered at Comic Con tomorrow, so I hope it will be put online soon after.

I hope so :) 6/10 on IMDB isn't actually that bad. A lot of my favourite films are only 6/7 out of 10 on there. People are just critical ;) I think a lot of people who know they won't like the film purposefully mark it down.

Peacefield, you must get into hightec. May I suggest such thing as doing a little loop video for yourself? :)

Excellent idea, Frankie!! I do believe my DVD will wear out soon... ;)

I'm hoping the new footage gets online too, Chesilbeach, since I am obviously not making it to Comic Con. The New Moon official website just premiered today, btw! Lots of lovely updates to be had.

Like the new website, peacefield, but I notice it doesn't have the photo from the set where RP has taken his shirt off

in the scene where Edward is planning to step out into the sunlight in Volterra

! I'm surprised it hasn't turned up as an avatar yet ;)

Ithe whole falling in love thing happened way too easily (though that was the case in the book too)

People saying that the falling in love was a bit too easy, well I say that I thought it was too easy in the book as well.

Great minds :)

;)

I agree the music was spot on. The soundtrack is absolutely superb.

I thought that might be the case. It's alright, I'm highly critical of it. But it is a thoroughly enjoyable movie. And I actually prefer Kristen Stewart as Bella. She's not as ditzy and swoony, which is good.

It took me a while to like Kristen as Bella. But now, I think she's perfect for the part. Also, I agree that the Twilight movie isn't great. Don't get me wrong, I love it and I could watch it a thousand times over. But I dunno, there's a lot wrong with it too. I hope the New Moon movie is better, I have a feeling it will be, just from the pictures/footage. *Crosses fingers* ;)