Kate Long - The Bad Mothers Handbook

Louise

ok, not my usual type of book but I gave it a go.

It is full of gritty Northen humour (which is probably why I enjoyed it so much).

The story is set in Wigan and is the tale of three generations of women from the same family living out their own lives.

Nan is suffering with dementia

Mum is suffering with an adolescent daughter

and Charlie is suffering with her mum and nan!

When I was reading this story I felt very involved with the characters, in particular, charlotte.

I could really identify with this kid, it was like reading my own life story at some points (michelle if you ever read this you will know what I mean).

The humour and wit was good but the story did jump about as each women told their side of each situation, this can be quite offputting sometimes.

The ending I thought left plenty of scope for a sequel as a lot of loose ends were left dangling, slightly annoying really because when you get to the end your left wanting to know what heppened next.

Ah well, it was a good read and kept me entertained, if anyone wants to borrow it just let me know and Ill chuck it in the post.

Lou x

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just finished it & reviewed it too. I was going to put it in here, bt I forgot, so I made a new thread. I might have a go at moving it in a minute...