Recipe: Giulia's Peanut Butter Cookies

Interest has been expressed for my very own special secret recipe, so let the secret be shattered - here it is!

I developed it as part of my class baking programme (which designated a person a week to prepare edible goodies that might make the rather painful weekly screenings less painful) by cobbling together the best bits of all the recipes I could find. None of the biccies lived to thell the tale.

Giulia's Ex-Secret Recipe Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients (makes about 55)

150g lightly salted butter

1 cup sugar

1 cup brown soft demerara sugar

1 average sized jar smooth peanut butter

2 1/2 cups self-raising flour

2 medium eggs

1 pinch salt

Walkthrough

1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a very low heat. When it is completely liquid turn the hob off and add both sugars and the peanut butter; stir until it turns an even texture and colour (it should be thick and dark brown).

2. Add the flower and salt, stir again until a gooey but not sticky dough is created (prod it to be sure - when I made them the dough looked runny but didn't stick to my finger: that's what you're aiming for).

3. Shape the dough into walnut-sized balls and place onto a lined baking tray. Press each ball down with a fork twice to create a pretty criss-cross pattern on top (everyone complimented me on how professional the criss-cross looked).

4. Bake at 200

Edited by BookJumper

It's quarter past midnight and now I'm craving peanut butter cookies. Do you see what you're doing to me here?

btw is that supposed to be 150g of butter?

I am definitely going to have to give these a try. There is nothing in the world like home made biscuits.