"Little Women" Sequels - Louisa May Alcott

bethany725

From wiki: "Alcott followed Little Women with two sequels reprising the March sisters, Little Men (1871) and Jo's Boys (1886)."

I've obviously been living under a rock as I didn't know these existed. :) Anyone read either of these sequels?

I think I read them a few years ago when my English wasn't good at all so I can't really remember anything from the books. But there was a comic series a couple of years ago about Little Women and Jo's Boys that I loved to watch:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0168283/

Just not sure if there is an English version of it, just know they showed it on German TV :)

But I really want to reread all of the books at some point as I always loved the story!

According to fantasticfiction there are five books in the Little Women series:

1. Little Women: Or, Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy (1868)

2. Good Wives (1869)

3. Little Men: Life At Plumfield with Jo's Boys (1871)

4. Aunt Jo's Scrap-Bag (1872)

5. Jo's Boys and How They Turned Out (1886)

I've read the first two (but both about 25 years ago, so can't remember that much), but as I recall, the film versions of Little Women tend to be an amalgamation of both Little Women and Good Wives, but I might have that completely wrong!

According to fantasticfiction there are five books in the Little Women series:

1. Little Women: Or, Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy (1868)

2. Good Wives (1869)

3. Little Men: Life At Plumfield with Jo's Boys (1871)

4. Aunt Jo's Scrap-Bag (1872)

5. Jo's Boys and How They Turned Out (1886)

I read them all as a young girl and absolutely loved each one. I might just re-read them! :D

Good to hear you liked these, Liz... I think I just might keep an eye out for these. I loved "Little Women" so much.. I can't imagine hating the sequels. :D Thanks for the info and list of sequels, guys!

I've nearly finished reading Little Women and I wasn't aware there were any follow up books. I might just have to give these a go.

I know there was a R&J book club book called March from a year or two ago and that was supposed to be from the point of Mr March, away at war.

I know there was a R&J book club book called March from a year or two ago and that was supposed to be from the point of Mr March, away at war.

Do you mean this one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/March-Love-Story-Time-War/dp/0007165870/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237745944&sr=8-3

Read that a couple of years ago and didn't really like it much. Could be that the translation into German made it weird, so maybe I'll give it another go in English one day...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Read Little Men and Jo's Boys a couple years ago - didn't know about the others.

In Little Men, Jo runs a home-school for a few boys - lots of fun, love, and life lessons to go around.

Jo's Boys is what happens to these boys as adults.

Lovely both.