Jeffery Deaver

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting this chesil! Unfortunately, it looks like he won't be coming to N.Ireland :lol: ... nobody ever does :tong:

So you know my pain of living in Finland :blush: I feel you, sister Deaverette!

Edit: Where can you find the dates for the book signings?

• 1 month later...

I was chatting to Ceinwenn last night, right after she had been to meet the fabulous Mr Deaver at a book signing! She told me that she asked him to sign her new copy of his book 'To 'her real name' and the Deaverettes! :lol: He was like 'ok, there has to be a story behind this?' so she told him all about the BCF, our merry band of Deaverettes and the many fans he has on here. He was chuffed and said he would try to check out the forum as soon as he got back home!! So there you have it folks, you never know, we may get a visit from the master of crime and twists himself!! :exc:

Frankie, it was at a book signing, at Waterstones. He did a talk first - where he talked about the process he goes through when he writes one of his books, then after that (which was over an hour in length) he then went on to sign the books.

post-4504-066863300 1280667543_thumb.jpg

Is it OK that I went a wee bit wobbly at the knees and felt all girly whilst reading the inscription? :blush:

Ceinwenn that is the collest of cool beans!

I know! Isn't it great!

I haven't told you the best bit, Chrissy! While we were standing in line a guy came around with post-it's & wrote what you wanted the dedication to be. When I told him mine he laughed & said "Oh, he is going to get such a kick out of that!" So, when it was my turn I handed him my book, said hi & waited for him to read the post-it. When he had he roared with laughter, so I told him the story behind the Deaverettes. He thought it was brilliant & when he finished signing my book he held the post-it up & asked me if he could keep it. I said yes, then he put it in his pocket & said "I'm going to frame this when I get home!" How cool is that?!

I also met this lady in line whose name is Maggie Wilson & she's having her 1st book published this month & will be doing a book signing herself in October. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1906873321/ref=nosim/authordatabase

Edited by Ceinwenn

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently reading The Bodies Left Behind. I admit I am struggling a bit, which I am disappointed in as I think Deaver is fantastic! Sometimes I can get into it and sometimes I put it down almost straight away as it just isn't grabbing my attention. Question is, does this book eventually get better? :D

Deaver is one of my favourite authors,and I genuinely look forward to each of his books.

Mine, too, but I sometimes hate his books,which astounds me! I finished his latest book a couple weeks back & was so disappointed in it! The worst part was that it was a Lincoln Rhyme novel, which I usally love. Wasn't overly fond of The Bodies Left Behind, either.

Mine, too, but I sometimes hate his books,which astounds me! I finished his latest book a couple weeks back & was so disappointed in it! The worst part was that it was a Lincoln Rhyme novel, which I usally love. Wasn't overly fond of The Bodies Left Behind, either.

I just ordered The Burning Wire, it never occured to me til I read your message that a Lincoln Rhymes novel could be disappointing!

I finished A Maiden's Grave last night. It was my first Deaver. At the start I thought I wasn't going to like it. Then it got very tense and exciting and I loved it - right up until the last 30 pages where it seemed, to me, to go completely off the rails. All the way through something was niggling at the back of my mind, one particular thread that none of the good-guy characters seemed to pick up on when it was 'smack-you-in-the-face' obvious. Even though that thread turned out to be the big twist I still thought he executed it well, but then he opted for a Hollywood style ending which I found very disappointing, which is a real shame because up until that point I thought it was brilliant.

Still, one of the best thrillers I've read for a while, so I shall definitely look into getting some more Deaver :)

Goodness me, another rave from the grave!! Hello, Ceinwenn, long time no hear - how have you been?

Hi Roland Butter! Yes, it has been a long while. Must do better!

I just ordered The Burning Wire, it never occured to me til I read your message that a Lincoln Rhymes novel could be disappointing!

Don't let me put you off pipread - I enjoyed the book, but well.........lets chat once you have finished reading it!

Ceinwenn, awesome! How cool is that?

Hi Maureen, How's things?

• 5 months later...

I'm currently reading The Bodies Left Behind. I admit I am struggling a bit, which I am disappointed in as I think Deaver is fantastic! Sometimes I can get into it and sometimes I put it down almost straight away as it just isn't grabbing my attention. Question is, does this book eventually get better? :D

I read that one and it wasn't one of his best. I just finished The Sleeping Doll recently and it was okay at best. I will give him credit that he doesn't do a lot twists and turns which at times ruin the book for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello fellow Deaverettes! :friends3:

I got this message in the Goodreads mail today:

"I notice that you are a fan of Jeffery Deaver. We are interviewing Jeffrey this week for the Goodreads monthly newsletter. I am asking his readers to submit questions about his work, his new James Bond book, CARTE BLANCHE, and anything you're curious about in general. If you send me a question, we may be able to include it!

Best,

Jessica

(Goodreads Features Editor)"

So if you have anything to ask, go there and post your questions and then we'll just have to wait and see what this literal mastermind has to say! :smile2: