Jeffery Deaver

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I enjoyed it right from the begining Ceinwenn I will have to do a review on it. This book hooks you from the start leads you round in circles right to the end.

I'm glad you enjoyed it Heather! It's a fantastic book :blush:

I've just finished The Blue Nowhere and WOW! I'm impressing my BF with all this new found knowledge of hacker terminology. Haa! It was so clever and actually quite frightening to know that people could be capable of finding out so much information about you without you knowing.

Thanks for sending it to me Charm! I'll have to forward it on to Lexie ASAP :)

I've just finished The Blue Nowhere and WOW! I'm impressing my BF with all this new found knowledge of hacker terminology. Haa! It was so clever and actually quite frightening to know that people could be capable of finding out so much information about you without you knowing.

Thanks for sending it to me Charm! I'll have to forward it on to Lexie ASAP :D

You're very welcome Nicola, I'm so glad you enjoyed it ;)

I have The Blue Nowhere on my TBR pile maybe I'll read that book next.:blush:

I'd highly recommend it Heather :lol:

Its a brilliant read Heather, I agree with Nicola, highly recommended! :)

Just finished The Sleeping Doll by Deaver. This book the second in the series of three which showcase Kathryn Dance, a member of the California Bureau of Investigation and one of the nation's leading experts in interrogation and kinesics—body language, nonverbal gestures, postures and facial expressions by which a person manifests various physical, mental or emotional states, and communicates nonverbally with others.

From Amazon:

In this book, Dance leads the case that involves the escape of psychopathic killer Daniel Pell, dubbed "Son of Manson" (as he forms a "family" by luring young runaways). When we meet Pell, he is already a convicted murderer, but he is charismatic and diabolically intelligent. Through the book, he continually eludes capture, but Dance is never more than a few suspenseful minutes behind. Dance is nicely detailed, and procedural scenes, where she uses somatic cues to ferret out liars, are fascinating. The book is a hefty tome, but it is a bottomless bag of unexpected twists and turns, keeping readers wide-eyed with surprise, and leaving them looking forward to more of the perspicacious Dance.

I must admit, Deaver again caught me thinking I knew where the plot was going. I like being caught out – gives you the impetus to keep on reading. In addition, his characterization are good and realistic. Overall, a good balanced thriller. One thing I wish Deaver would do, however, is present more of Dance’s interrogation techniques; this is what I like about the series.

I give it a 8/10.

The third book in the Dance series is Roadside Crosses. I will be heading that way I expect though it appears to be founded on high tech crimes – not sure if that is my cup of tea. Roadside Crosses appears also to be the third book in Deaver’s High Tech Thriller series, with The Blue Nowhere and The Broken Window being the other two books. I guess they are all connected.

For those who have read Roadside Crosses: is it very high tech? Just wondering.

What was the 1st one in the series? I'm reading Sleeping Doll at the moment, but have only really just started it. I thought I'd read Sleeping Doll because of the Katherine Dance link in Roadside Crosses. Have you read Blue Nowhere & The Broken Window? I've read both & loved both so am quite looking forward to Roadside Crosses.

What was the 1st one in the series? I'm reading Sleeping Doll at the moment, but have only really just started it. I thought I'd read Sleeping Doll because of the Katherine Dance link in Roadside Crosses. Have you read Blue Nowhere & The Broken Window? I've read both & loved both so am quite looking forward to Roadside Crosses.

I think Kathryn Dance made an appearance in Cold Moon, another good book from JD. :lol:

Hello dear Mr Deaver, you could try to be a bit more considerate of your Finnish fans and come on over here as well! If you come to Joensuu I can put you up for nothing. I have a nice extra matress you can use and well if you'd prefer the bed I can sleep on the matress in the kitchen. You will see I have many of your books and we can discuss them and any other literature. I can introduce you to my professors of literature and you can have serious, in depth and witty discussion of let's say Jewish, South-African or classical literature.

We can also do a little pubtour or go clubbing if you prefer dancing to talking and smoking. The local rock festival Ilosaarirock is on 18-19 July and I am sure I'd be able to get you a ticket for that. I can't afford one myself but don't worry I can wait for you outside in the near small forest where I usually hang out with my friends. I'll come and pick you up afterwards.

;) Frankie!

That invite is sure to grab his attention! .... If it doesn't scare him off first! :D Stalker material or what :lol: *runs off to hide her white bunny*

Ah Frankie, you make me chuckle hun :D:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I finished my first Deaver read, "The Bone Collector" about a week ago, and after reading this thread, am going to have to get "The Coffin Dancer" soon. You guys sure raise a lot of hooplah that I can't resist... :icon_eek:

Love your invitation to our boy, Frankie.. "I can't afford a ticket, but I'll just wait in the small forest. I'll pick you up afterwards."

Hilarious ;)

Love your invitation to our boy, Frankie.. "I can't afford a ticket, but I'll just wait in the small forest. I'll pick you up afterwards." Hilarious ;)

I think that needs some elaboration :icon_eek: Whenever there are no good bands playing, me and my friends go outside the festival area, get a couple of drinks and hang out in this near forest, but the forest is really really small, it's not a real forrest at all. A lot of people hang out there during the festival. So it's nothing fishy.

I haven't read any Deaver books at all lately, which is sad ;)