CH4 - Red Riding

Michelle

This is being discussed on the BBC news, and it sounds rather interesting.. has anyone heard of it, or planning to watch?

An ambitious, dark and thrilling trilogy of interlinking films adapted by Tony Grisoni (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) from David Peace's cult noir novels.

1974, Yorkshire

Yes, I plan to be watching. I'm quite keen on Ch 4 dramas (after the Cromwell one earlier - goodness, forgotten the title). I heard that Sean Bean was coming on BBC Breakfast but had to tear myself away to come to work (bummer!).

I'm looking forward to this too, but a clash with ER means I'll have to rely on recording it for later consumption.

For those of you who are interested, the Guardian today has an offer - they're giving away David Peace's 1974, the first in the trilogy, for nowt. You just have to pay

Looking forward to this especially as Sean Bean is in it :friends0:

He was on BBC news this morning :lol: His characater is a baddy though...but he plays them so well:smile2:

Not sure if it's going to be repeated but you may be able to catch it on the ITV iplayer (not sure what the website is).

I watched it and thought it was an excellent production but it was very grim. A very stark portrayal of Yorkshire in the 70s and the corruption/brutality was unbelievable. My only problem was the dialogue. It seemed to be a bit muffled in places so was difficult to hear all of it and you really needed to be on the ball as the plot moved along at quite a speed.

Sean had put on some weight for the part and he wasn't a very nice character.