Worst film accents?

Suburbanite

One of the ones that bothers me the most is Drew Barrymore in "Ever After". Her accent is just painful to listen to. :lol:

Oh...and Keanu Reeves in "Dracula".

Yes, Drew sounded like she was chewing glass all the way through that film!

And the flip side of Dracula is that Cary Elwes is American but sounds more convincing as an Englishman in any fiolm where he's had to do that accent (notably The Princess Bride and Robin Hood: Men in Tights, where he actually jokes, "Unlike other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent!")

So, by rights, he should have a Spanish accent!

OK, I concede - an Egyptian who should have a Spanish accent. He still speaks with a Scottish accent though. :friends0:

Oh, come on! You can't judge Ocean's movies by realism! They're meant for lighthearted entertainment and jokes. They're all about making a joke, even down to Cheadle's accent, which is hilarious.

I'm not judging the movies by realism. Did I say I was? The thread was about the worst film accent, and this was one of the worst film accents I could think of. Didn't stop me loving the film.

I'm not judging the movies by realism. Did I say I was? The thread was about the worst film accent, and this was one of the worst film accents I could think of. Didn't stop me loving the film.

Well, if you're saying it was bad as such, then okay. If you're saying it was an unrealistic representation of the accent, then I think you're applying realism where it has no place to be in, namely, an Ocean's movie. That's all I'm saying.

I love the movies too.

Keaunu's British accent is pretty bad, and I'm not even British. I watched Dangerous Liasons the other day and thought 'urgh'.

Funny thing about that is that it's set in France - LOL!

Funny thing about that is that it's set in France - LOL!

Then maybe that is what was wrong with it. LOL! Maybe it wasn't even an accent at all, whatever he was doing, didn't work for me. I also saw Much Ado and thought URGH! Why him? But then the rest of the cast was no better (except Emma and Kenneth).

Can we also go the other way? I love Alan Rickman, I could eat him, but his American accent drives me nuts (not in a good way). That voice was not made for the flatness of our accent.

I thought it was widely accepted that Mr Van Dyke sounded like an Aussie chimney sweep - maybe it was just in my circle of friends!

Maybe it's just Australians that wouldn't agree! :shrug: