Lidl oranges

Bronwen

I went to Lidl for the first time last week, and it was awful! People were pushing past and they had no digestive biscuits!

But the oranges! Amazing! They are all nice and full and juicy but it's like the oranges they sell come in a variety pack! No two oranges look or taste alike :D they are all different sizes and shades of orange, and some are sweet and one was the sourest orange I've ever had in my life!

They aren't supposed to be a variety pack either, which is why it's so funny :) maybe if they market it as such they'd sell more? Like Kelloggs variety pack cereals, only with oranges!

Anyway, their oranges are much better than Tesco and I'm going back for more today!

I went to Lidl for the first time last week, and it was awful! People were pushing past and they had no digestive biscuits!

I absolutely laughed so much at this!! It's the scene i get in Aldi during rush hour, you really have to battle to get some things, it's insane! :D

People push past in other supermarkets.

They might but never like what it was like in Lidl! It was crazy, had to struggle to get through without being pinned to the crisp stand :lol: it just seemed a completely different atmosphere and people didn't seem to care about manners there.

Anyway, I went back today, wasn't quite so bad and I managed to buy some more oranges :D

You could find something like that in any fruit from any grocery store. It is not a Lidl thing, or discount supermarket thing. I have bought many a thing from Sainsbury & Tesco only to find they were "dodgy"

We don't have Aldi in our area but I am a great fan of Lidl and yes their oranges are great. If you can get there on the right days, the fruit and veg are extremely fresh as they are not kept in chiller cabinets. Stuff usually lasts at least a week. Their cheeses are good too:)

I think cheap foods comes at a price, someone somewhere is counting the loss as we reap the savings, that's not to say any other supermarkets are the same, they up the price to line their pockets with profits, so the sellers are losing out as well.

my in laws buy from lidl and Adil or whatever, many times I've near had the hairs on my head stand up and fall out when I chomped on one of their sweet fancies. Very very sweet, not my kind of thing at all. My husband loves cheese and claims theirs are rubbery and sickly. Bear in mind it was made for him by his mummy, the minute he chomped down on his sandwich he spat it out again, unaware from whose supermarket it was from or whether it was own brand or not.

As for oranges, the ones in season are gorgeous, I only buy them then, as I'm not keen on oranges either, so if one is dodgy it puts me off eating them for a long time!

Batty