World Book Day Photo Competition Photos

Kell

In honour of World Book Day (which falls on 5 March) I'm proud to announce a competition for reading in unusual places.

The Rules:

1. The photo must be of yourself holding a book.

2. As some people don't like posting photos of themselves, you may cover your face with the book if you so wish!

3. You must be reading in an unusual place.

4. You must take care not to get injured - please, no posing on chimneypots! Any injuries sustained during the photo-taking competition are NOT the fault of anyone here on the forum! You are responsible for your own safety!

5. All photos must be posted in this thread by 5pm on Thursday 5th March.

6. I'm hosting this competition, so other Mods can feel free to enter.

7. This competition is open to all members who have 25 or more posts.

8. You can post more than one photo, so long as they are all of you at different locations.

8. My decision is final.

The prize will be a book (of course). In deference to the spirit of being green, it will be a pre-loved book (one which I already have!), but the winner can take their pick of the books listed (their condition will also be listed in case anyone is bothered by books that look like they've already been read - some of them are as-new!).

THIS THREAD IS FOR POSTING THE PHOTOS ONLY.

THE PHOTO ENTRIES:

Inver by a wigwam at Center Parks

FreewheelingAndy on a boat

Kate on a bidet

Gyre at Newark Castle

Nici76 sneakily reading at work!

Louiseog on a sleigh

The winner was Kate on a bidet! Well done, Kate!

Edited by Kell

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me today at Newark Castle (hubby was messing about with the car so I went for a wander and the rest is history :)) Me reading and enjoying'Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror' by Chris Priestley, David Roberts :)

Edited by Weave

I love that picture, Paula! What's great about it is that you're in the midst of this breathtaking setting, yet your nose is in a book and you're oblivious to your surroundings. You're a proper bookworm!! :)