Hello fellow bookworms!

Booknutt

Hi guys, thanks for visiting! ;)

I do love your big pussycat friend, madcow - he'd probably love my little tortishell friend, too - for a snack! :lol:

Hope to see y'all around the threads - Booknutt

Just in passing ... I spotted a Julia Barrett "treasure" in a Charity shop this morning - "The Third Sister" - the story of Margaret Dashwood the younger sister of Elinor and Marianne Dashwood of "Sense and Sensibility" (by Jane Austen) fame!

JB is American, but a fantastic sound-alike Austen writer. (Joan Aiken is another - though the books of both are increasingly difficult to find, in reasonable condition, now. I hope it won't be too long till they're re-issued.)

It was in perfect condition - not even "pongy", and cost me all of

Edited by Booknutt
added a P.S.

Found another Jane Austen-type sequel today - yes, in another Charity shop!

I have absolutely no pride when it comes to finding my "treasures". :lol:

This one is - "An Unequal Marriage" by Emma Tennant, another sequel to Pride and Prejudice. I read it some years ago, and was very happy to spot a fresh as new copy of it in hardback - for the price of 50p!

E.T. also wrote "Pemberley" another good 'un in the Jane Austen mode, so hopefully I'll find that .... next week, maybe?!

Although both novels are very true to the Austen style, and enjoyable in their own right, I do think it's a shame that not so many sequels of other Austen novels are about. Why has no-one thought to follow-on from Northanger Abbey (General Tilney was, and would be, such a good bad guy!) or Persuasion (ditto Sir Walter), for example?