Plain Truths - Jodi Picoult

The Gift - Cecilia Ahern

Picture Perfect - Jodi Picoult

The Brightest Star in the Sky - Marian Keyes

Rhino,What you Did Last Summer - Ross O'Carroll Kelly

Edited by leah86

Salem Falls-Jodi Picoult

The Gift-Cecilia Ahern

I read Salem Falls a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty good. Less forgettable than some of her other books but not as moving or thought provoking as better ones. Have you read any of them?

And have you read any others by Cecilia Ahern? This is the only one I haven't read.

Yes,I really love Jodi Picoult,I've read quite a few of her books,particulary liked My sisters keeper and Change of Heart..I think Salem Falls is one of 2 of her books that I havent read so I just wanted to see what it was like.. The Gift is the only one I havent read too! Did you like her other books? I have to say I didnt get PS I Love You all,too much hype..I did like Where Rainbows End though..

Edited by Kell
Added capitals. Please don't use "text speak"

I haven't actually read Change Of Heart yet but I will soon. My favourites by her were The Pact and Nineteen Minutes.

Finally! :eek: I didn't like PS. I love you either, I couldn't even finish it. I thought I was the only one. Everyone else seems to love it. I liked Where Rainbows End but thought all of her others were very average.

I haven't actually read Change Of Heart yet but I will soon. My favourites by her were The Pact and Nineteen Minutes.

Finally! :eek: I didn't like PS. I love you either, I couldn't even finish it. I thought I was the only one. Everyone else seems to love it. I liked Where Rainbows End but thought all of her others were very average.

:DI thought i was the only one aswell. All of my friends seemed to love it. I actually thought all of her other books were below average. Especially If You Could See Me Now..I actually thought that was awful.:friends0:

I'm another who's read Salem Falls and heartily recommend it. I've read 5 of her books so far and have another 6 waiting TBR on my bookshelf!:eek: I think I may get the remaining few I need of hers when I've got through those!

Which other book of hers have you not read yet?

Yes i love Jodi Picoult books.:lol: I cant remember the title of the other book. I had a look at a ist of her books on the internet and i know there were only two i hadn't read,i just cant remember the name of the other one! My mind's going blank here,but i know i read,The Tenth Circle,Nineteen Minutes,Mercy,My Sister's Keeper,The Pact,Change of Heart..okay gone completley blank now!:friends0:

I actually thought all of her other books were below average. Especially If You Could See Me Now..I actually thought that was awful.:eek:

I doubt I could ever class any of her books as favourites. They lack character depth, I think. To be honest, I can hardly remember If You Could See Me Now. I know the whole moral was that

adults need support and friendship too

but that's about it!

I have Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult on my reading list, as well as The Gift by Cecelia Ahern :blush:

Oh I would defnitly recommend Change of Heart,very thought provoking. I also have The Gift on my reading list but to be honest I'm not really holding ot much hope. I just don't 'get' her as a writer at all. I think she is way too hyped up.

I doubt I could ever class any of her books as favourites. They lack character depth, I think. To be honest, I can hardly remember If You Could See Me Now. I know the whole moral was that

adults need support and friendship too

but that's about it!

Absolutely agree. I just thought that If You Could See Me Now read like a six-year-old's attempt at an essay:irked: It really was a waste of time reading it. In saying that i did enjoy Where Rainbows End,it was'nt particulary imagnitive or original but for some unknown reasaon I did enjoy it but i would'nt call it one of my favourites.

Yes,I think that's what it is exactly,I suppose fairytale's appeal to a wide audience. No i can't say I'll be buying it either. The library copy will do for me. I seen Mercy-Jodi Picoult on your list.. I wasn't that taken with that book,found it quite different to her other books,but not in a good way. Sorry,didnt mean to put you off!!

Hi, Leah :)

My favs of Picoult's are MSK, Plain Truth, & Perfect Match. Did NOT like The Tenth Circle. At all. :blush:

For Ahern, have only read PS & If You Could See Me Now.. I think those are the only 2 I've read anyway. :blush: I did like PS, but didn't like the other. I agree with your "seems like a 6 year old writing an essay" comment!

Hi, Leah :)

My favs of Picoult's are MSK, Plain Truth, & Perfect Match. Did NOT like The Tenth Circle. At all. ;)

For Ahern, have only read PS & If You Could See Me Now.. I think those are the only 2 I've read anyway. :blush: I did like PS, but didn't like the other. I agree with your "seems like a 6 year old writing an essay" comment!

Hiya Bethany:D I think it's fairly two ways with PS.. because i do know a lot of people who really liked it..Defnitly agree with you about The Tenth Circle,it wasn't up to her usual standard.. What did you think of Plain Truth? I haven't read that one..:D

Angels In My Hair-Lorna Byrne.Well I've just finished reading Angels In My Hair two days ago. It took a while as i really couldn't get into it at all. It peaked somewhere near the middle of the book but even then it was hardly riveting. My Aunt lent me this book as we are both quite in to spiritual books and quite intersted in angels but this book was not really to my liking,it felt like the author was telling her life story (with mostly rather irrelevent details) and throwing the odd coment in about angels. For example she does give many descriptions af how angels look throughout the book,but its quite standardized and really could be any ordinay individuals description of what an angel is percieved to look like. A lot of what she says in the book is quite preachy aswell and tends to get ion your nerves. Not a recommended read,far better spiritual/angel books out there. 2/5. I'll give a brief synopsis below,please bear with me as this is my first try!

Ever since she was two years old,everyone around her including her parents commented on how she was 'retarted'..However throughout the book,Lorna tells a different story of how from her early childhood right through to her present day life she communicates daily with the Angels. The Angels converse with Lorna and fortell her many things and in doing so empowering her to help people in their daily lives and also to spread God's and the Angels word.

Just started reading Two Women by Martina Cole 2 days ago. I've read two of her books before and found them to be along the same lines,quite graphic in their descriptions of violence,it sort of gives you the feeling that she's constantly trying to shock you,which gets a bit tiring. Funny thing is that when you look past all the violence,the story is not half bad. Anyway so far I'm actualy quite into this book, (Page 136,doesnt sound like much but it is with a 2 yr old!)it was recommended by a friend, so I'll keep you all updated on this one.. Anyone else read any of Martina Cole's books?

Hiya Bethany:D I think it's fairly two ways with PS.. because i do know a lot of people who really liked it..Defnitly agree with you about The Tenth Circle,it wasn't up to her usual standard.. What did you think of Plain Truth? I haven't read that one..;)

Ooooh Plain Truth is my favorite one of hers.. It was really interesting to me to read a bit about the Amish lifestyle and the simplicity of it contrasting with human emotions that everyone feels, no matter what religion, culture, background, lifestyle, etc. The story is quite good too.. pretty fast-moving and offering some twists and turns. I loved it! :lol:

Just started reading Two Women by Martina Cole 2 days ago. I've read two of her books before and found them to be along the same lines,quite graphic in their descriptions of violence,it sort of gives you the feeling that she's constantly trying to shock you,which gets a bit tiring. Funny thing is that when you look past all the violence,the story is not half bad. Anyway so far I'm actualy quite into this book, (Page 136,doesnt sound like much but it is with a 2 yr old!)it was recommended by a friend, so I'll keep you all updated on this one.. Anyone else read any of Martina Cole's books?

I've read a couple of her books and found her to be ok. Not one of my favourite authors but readable. My sister, on the other hand, has read all of her books and in her opinion, says MC's earlier books are far better than her most recent offerings. She now likes Mandasue Heller who she said writes like early Martina Cole.

Btw, I really enjoyed Mercy and found it to be quite sad - especially the 'one always loves more' part.:lol:

I agree,I would class her books as ok,but I find they are all more or less the same,diferent stories but same situations. The stories themselves are quite interesting but I just feel that they're not given much of a chance,rather the reader is bombarded with images of extreme violence,I know thats her style of writing,just feel that it's too much,just a shock factor. The 'one always loves more',I have to say,rang true for me and quite a lot of my friends that I mentioned it to,but I have to say that overall it didn't appeal to me as did her other books.