Boys and Girls Alone

Michelle

I saw it and felt uncomfortable watching it. The older girls (10/11) were starting to get bullying towards the younger ones (8/9). I also thought it was really harsh how the children were asking to go home and the parents were saying no, stick it out. If that had been a child of mine, I would have grabbed them out of the programme straight away (actually I wouldn't have signed them up for it in the first place).

I know I am in the minority here, but.....I found it quite interesting to watch. I realised how well Robbie would do, with the cooking at least!

The older girls were making me feel uncomfortable with their behaviour. I thought the boys were really sweet in so much as they all wanted their mums - just like Robbie is when he goes away.

I couldn't help but compare the children to Robbie and wondering how he would manage.

I will be watching it next week. :blush:

I hadn't heard of it but it does sound weird.

I know I am in the minority here, but.....I found it quite interesting to watch. I realised how well Robbie would do, with the cooking at least!

Interesting to watch maybe, but is it fair on the children? I just don't understand why parents would put their kids forward as 'test subjects' for reality TV...

I didn`t watch it, and I can`t imagine why any parent would put their child in this situation, a parent should know whether their child could cope in an emergency, feed themselves, make drinks etc. without putting them in a program like this. If they did this program for older teens I would see more sense in it, the age group they`re using seems far too young to me.

I saw it and felt uncomfortable watching it. The older girls (10/11) were starting to get bullying towards the younger ones (8/9). I also thought it was really harsh how the children were asking to go home and the parents were saying no, stick it out. If that had been a child of mine, I would have grabbed them out of the programme straight away (actually I wouldn't have signed them up for it in the first place).

I completely agree, Stephanie. It was quite interesting, but I did feel uncomfortable watching it, particularly with the bullying by the older girls, who quite frankly seemed nasty pieces of work (as did Ryan in the boys' house). Not letting the younger girls have some of their food was mean, and the thing they did writing the stuff on the walls and freaking out young ones was just plain evil.

I felt sorry for Sid when his mum wouldn't take him out. I got the impression she just wanted to be on TV, and was using her son to do it.

I was a bit annoyed with the mums when they went into the boys' house and cleared up all their mess for them. I thought it would have been more helpful to make the children do it, and just direct them a bit as to what needed doing. They could also have just given some basic guidance while they were there, such as how to boil the kettle. Still, I suppose that would have ruined the show.

It was quite interesting that the boys decided that they needed rules first; I expected it to be the girls.

Trailers showed the children dealing with dead rabbits and chickens... hmm. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. I'm not sure if I'll watch next week's.

Edited by Mia

I will be watching next week. I know it is uncomfortable viewing, but if it wasn't for programmes or studies of this nature being done in the past, we wouldn't understand much about human behaviour now. I think it is fascinating what the children get upto, and how the novelty of not having a parental figure had wore off by the second day!