Cross stitch

lexiepiper

I am really sorry if this is the wrong place, Kell, I could not find your own personal blog for cross stitch :yahoo:

This is the lovely card I received from Kell this morning, I took it as a good sign because Kokeshi dolls are good luck, and I got good news today, thank you so much Kell :exc:

It's exactly the right place for it, Paula - I ditched my cross stitch thread as I just blog my finishes at my Wordpress blog now. I'm so pleased you like your little kokeshi doll. She was a lot of fun to stitch. :lurker:

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a lovely gift Kell! And the perfect recipient for it too :yahoo:

I was going great guns on my current project (for me anyway) but I've got quite miffed about it now (that's putting it as lightly as I can!) I bought a hoop from Hobbycraft to hold the aida whilst I stitch. It's a dark wood effect one that I've used before, I just bought a bigger size. However, it's a pain in the backside to get in place and I've noticed that it's left big brown marks all over my lovely white aida. :lurker: Now it just looks grubby.

Does anyone have any tips on the best way to clean aida? Can I pop it in the machine or do I have to hand wash it? (please say machine.... I'm terrible at hand washing)

Any help muchly appreciated.

I vaguely remember Diane asking about my Greek Islands and I said I'd post a picture of them framed (or I dreamt that conversation lol!) Here they are:

http://katesstitching.wordpress.com/finished-pieces/p1105_01-04-10/

Kate, those are absolutely delightful. I love the frames too, the simple white suits them perfectly! :lol:

They are lovely Kate.....I really like the colours and simpleness of them. Thanks for showing them.

Excitement :lol:.....my bookmarks arrived this morning.....can't wait to start them....but dilema...which one to do first...!:lol:

I posted a new cross stitch design today - a small "subversive" sampler using NATO phonetics. :lol: So, you could safely display it in an office and still have your little "swear" on the side. :lol:

NATO Phonetics Subversive Sampler

I'm thinking of stitching this one for my hallways - LOL!

I posted a new cross stitch design today - a small "subversive" sampler using NATO phonetics. :lol: So, you could safely display it in an office and still have your little "swear" on the side. :D

NATO Phonetics Subversive Sampler

I'm thinking of stitching this one for my hallways - LOL!

That is great Kell, I should do this up and put it on the wall in work. :lol:

Started one of my little bookmarks, but off white thread on cream Aida isn't the best under lamp, with my specs on and a craft magnifying glass...:lurker: I'll try again tomorrow:D

• 2 weeks later...
That is great Kell, I should do this up and put it on the wall in work. :friends0:

If you do, please send me a photo of the finished piece so I can display it as the model for the pattern on my blog. :lol:

Love the colours Kell :hug:

I've taken a little break from my big geisha one, and have stitched a little Popcorn bear design for my sister's bday card and have almost finished my second bookmark, I'll post pics tomorrow :friends0: Then I'll be going back to my geisha one, whilst I decide on another smaller project to work on, it'll probably be another bday card design :lol:

Finished stitching the mini blackwork sampler I designed (called Baa Baa Blackwork Sheep), so thats been washed and is drying as I type. I'll be framing it for my hallway. I'll post a pic when its all done. :tong: