Cross stitch

lexiepiper

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love browsing on this site and have registered as a member...oh dear what have I done....:smile2: and I haven't joined up as 'Inver'. I chose a different name this time!

I have just entered a competition and you have to put your choice down of a kit up to

Edited by Inver

That is a great design Kell! I'm not brave enough (nor rich enough lol!) to try a HAED

I got her on sale when they did an uber low price. I think I got her for about $5 or something like that- I opted for the download rather than the snail mail version.

I love HAED site Kell, I used to do tags with paid artist tubes and most of them are on that site including the one you are doing. I really love that one. :)

I have finally finished my wedding stationery project and have delivered it already before I realised I didn't take any pictures of them. :smile2:

But now I can get cracking with my Sleeping Bunnies again. :)

Taking two projects to the framer's today - Charlie's Falling Star and the Mother Nature birth sampler I stitchedfor Xan:

25washedandpressedready.th.jpg01washedpressedandready.th.jpg

And here's a little ATC I did for an Easter exchange:

easterbunnyapril2010for.th.jpg

And 2 soft cubes finished for twin girls. Loads of pictures, so see the album HERE.

Edited by Kell

They're mostly really small things so they don't take very long to stitch. I have a few larger projects planned though and I'm half way through quite a big project - an ABC afghan for Xan.

Wonderful work Kell....you will be opening a shop soon! Where did you go to get frames for them. I have used the one on Rosemount, Belvidere Gallery.

I went to the little framer's on Cotton Street, down at the beach. It's a tiny little place, but I was recommended her and when I phoned round originally (which was last year, for another piece which I ended up not getting, but that's another story and not mine to tell), she was the only one who was a) open and :smile2: said they framed cross stitch.

I've made a start this weekend on one of my advanced patterns. I've only done about 90 stitches so far so I won't post a progress pic just yet.

I was going to wait until I'd finished my current Tatty Teddy project but I couldn't resist ;) I picked up a larger frame to hold it in but it's being quite difficult at the moment. I've started in the middle so there's a lot of excess aida either side and it's all stiff as it's new :smile2: I suppose I'm still learning so I'll find a way around it.

Great little projects Kell....love your travelling card idea, good luck with that. Like your pretty birthday card too and your sheep :D It is all non stop stitching in your house!

It is - I'm like the stitching version of the old woman who lived ina shoe:

There was a young(-ish) Mum who lived in a shoe,

She had so many stitchy projects, she didn't know what to do!

:D

I am really sorry if this is the wrong place, Kell, I could not find your own personal blog for cross stitch :D

This is the lovely card I received from Kell this morning, I took it as a good sign because Kokeshi dolls are good luck, and I got good news today, thank you so much Kell :smile2:

What a lovely gift Paula and Kell what excellent work, well done hun. Loving the ideas. Well, I have received my navy felt this morning but no aida to go with it yet. Ooooppps, I am talking bookmarks here and therefore I am on the wrong thread, doh! :D

Here is my progress on the Sleeping Bunnies Birth Sampler. I haven't done alot since a finished the wedding stationery. I don't know what it is but this project is not exciting me at all. :lurker: But I have promised my sister in law that I will finish it for her wee one. It will measure 11" x 14" when finished and my next project will be a Winnie the Pooh one. It is smaller than this one and one I will look forward to doing. It is also my sister in laws preferred piece as she is doing my nieces room up in Winnie the Pooh.

th_Picture001.jpg

th_Picture003.jpg