lexiepiper

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kell....I'm sure she will love it...where did you find that pattern

Shin .... I love your bunnies, be adorable when it is finished.

I feel a bit guilty now as I didn't complete my bookmark for my friends bdy, but she doesn't know about it anyway so it will be a surprise when I do.

Kell....I'm sure she will love it...where did you find that pattern.

It was a freebie from a Russian blog. You can find the blog HERE - there are LOADS of lovely designs available for free there.

I'm always trawling the internet for freebie designs - many of them come in handy for cards, bookmarks and biscornu as they're usually small designs, but you sometimes come across some larger, more intricate pics too.

Ooh! My new stitching stash arrived this morning from Polstitches - an evenweave grab bag (with 5 different colours of fabric - all beautiful!) and 4 Dragon Flosses.

stashm.th.jpg

The colours are more vibrant in real life, so here's a blow by blow description:

Fabric (sizes are approx. as I haven't measured):

12" x 9" purple/pink/blue mottled (28-count?)

12" x 4" greyish green mottled (32-count?)

12" x 7" spring green/white mottled (28-count?)

12" x 8" pink/peach mottled (25-count?)

12" x 7" pale blue/white mottled (25-count?)

Dragon Flosses:

8 Apples and Pears

9 Thunder and Lightning

23 Calm Dawn

214 Tea Rose

I'm so excited! I can hardly wait to find the perfect projects for all these gorgeous goodies!

What an extaordinary story and what a work of art! And hey, she doesn't look her age either, does she?! Must be all that stitching that keeps her young. :friends0:

I've been considering working on a band sampler that chronicles all the important dates in my life and this has inspired me to start working on athe charting up of various bands and listing of events I want to include!

I stitched this little ATC for a pal in the Philippines who is crazy about butterflies. It was a bit fiddly cutting the stitched pieces out of the perforated paper, especially the frame (surprisingly - I had thought the butterfly would be more awkward!) as the sides are very narrow. I then covered a piece of card in flowery decorative paper and stuck the pieces in place before backing it with another plain piece of card to add the details on the reverse. Unfortunately the frame placement is a little squint, but I hope she'll like it anyway!

butterflymarch2010forma.th.jpg

My latest stitching for the bookmark stitch along

This is the one I was doing to give to my friend for her birthday. She is a nursery teacher and her class is called 'the Ladybirds', so I thought this would be appropriate.

This is the other one I did a while ago and I never got around to finishing it off. I sent for the kit that came with a card to fit it in, but when I had finished it didn't fit properly so just sticky taped it to a plain bit of black card. Rennie Mackintosh Design Chair

Photo of them both together

What will my next project be now I wonder, be nice deciding what to do although I do have a wee house project on the go that I started ages ago Fife House (see my album in profile).

Edited by Inver

Kell and Diane, your work is lovely! I love the butterfly and the daisy chain.

I'm working on the second page of Johnny now. It won't be done by the 18th so I'm not going to rush it. Here is my update:

th_P1356_02-03-10.jpg

th_P1355_02-03-10.jpg

Kell ~ that is very unusual but very effective. I'm sure she will love it.

Kate ~ is it a bit freaky watching someones face appear before you as you stitch :smile2:

Wow, Kate - Johnny is really coming along beautifully. I think I would have been extremely tempted to start with his eyes so I could gaze into them as I stitched. THen again, I would probably miscount every 5 seconds if I did that - LOL!

Aww, Kate, that is so cute!

I'm busy working on my March biscornu, a blackwork piece for an exchange and the jingle cubes for the twin girls - busy, busy, busy!

And, of course, next week Charlie comes back out to play. :)

That is fab Kate.

I have put my Sleeping Bunnies away until I get my wedding stationery project out of the way. :)

Can't wait to get back into it but my deadline for the stationery is the end of March.