Clear out of my books

Heather

I have just gone through all the book that I have read and cleared out some of them. Some will go to my local Blythswood book club which I have just joined and they have a poor collection of books.

The rest will go to the charity shop that I am a volunteer for for them to sell and get some funds.

Doing all this meant that I had to tidy up my Shelfri shelf a lot of hard work but well worth it all go to good couses.

What a lovely thing to do BL - I must admit that I have been having a bit of a clear out myself lately - being the shameless mercenary that I am, most of mine are for sale on various websites though. If they don't shift, I will probably donate them to charities etc myself though.

I put mine on risi and bookmooch and when they've been there a bit I take them to work so people can have them there if they want. Although if anyone wants anything from my risi list or that I'm reading let me know because I'd rather pass them on to people here and reduce tbr. I'm ronald on risi.

I don't have enough to want to get rid of them :)

Actually thats not true. I have a whole shelf of Buffy and Angel books I'll probably never read again, I even have some Pokemon books from when I was a kid! The Pokemon ones could go to a shop. The Buffy ones I might try mooching - I can't really afford to buy books so what better way to get new one than exchanging?

Hey, I just had an idea....

I'd understand if this was violating something or other, but what about a bookswap thread here on the forum?

Like, people wanting to unload some books in exchange for others, post a little list, and then everyone look through each others lists and make offers by pms or something?

Just a thought. I know I would use it.