baggiesfan's reading list 2009

baggiesfan

hi all so far i have read Mark Billingham Lazybones, Cody Mcfayden Shadow man both of which i give an 8 out of ten. i am now reading Mark Billingham The Burning Girl.

Good to see you getting on through some good reads, let us know your analysis of the books. :lol:

I really really enjoyed Damged Goods i really reccomend June Hampson.

I stumblded on her first book in Hay-On-Wye in the pound shop she has 3 books out now in a series set in Gosport in the 60's based around the life of a woman called Daisy Lane. I really cant wait for the next installment.

I thought that The Burning Girl was a great book with a twist and an unexpected ending, in this one the copper really doesnt get his man for a change.

If you've not read the rest of the Tom Thorne series, I'd really recommend them. I think Mark Billingham is a fantastic author and Tom Thorne is a great protagonist - very much an anti-hero.

I agree with you about Simon Kernick too btw - he always seems to me like he's trying to be Mark Billingham, but not quite making it. I'd still read his other books though - I've got The Murder Exchange waiting to be read and out of the 3 of his I've read so far (the 3 being Severed, Deadline and A Good Day To Die) I enjoyed A Good Day To Die the most.

If you like Mark Billingham, you might also like Chris Mooney. His first book was a little 'choppy' in it's style, but was still a good read, with a good plot and a good few twists and turns, and his second book was even better.

Thanks for that Brainfreeze i have read the first four Tom Thorne books now and i am loving them i will check out Chris Mooney too.

The Darkest Evening Of The Year was the first Dean Koontz book i had read in a while and i was quite dissapointed with the first 100 pages or so but it really picked up towards the end an i am glad i perservered.

a 7 out of ten.

I did enjoy No Time For Goodbye, i didnt guess anything early on like some have said they did on here then again i never do. the problem i had with the book was that the "revelation" was just too far fetched, i would read more of his though.

i give the book 6.5 out of ten.

not sure what i am going to read next, i have 11 in my TBR pile will let you know tomorrow whats next.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...