Slimming World / Weight Watchers etc

I joined yesterday :)

We'll see how it goes!

Thanks to everyone for all the info and support :blush:

Ooooh good luck since you just joined!!

We don't have Slimming World over here in the US that I know of, but from reading all the posts, it sounds like it's akin to Weight Watchers. Best of luck :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have just lauched slimming world in America - they have a new plan to follow especially for the American market apparently.

Anyway, have just been weighed this evening and have lost 3.5 pounds this week :(

So i'm definately going to try my best to keep on going. It has been very easy so far, have mainly just been eating so much more fruit and veg than I ever have before!

I think they have just lauched slimming world in America - they have a new plan to follow especially for the American market apparently.

Anyway, have just been weighed this evening and have lost 3.5 pounds this week :(

So i'm definately going to try my best to keep on going. It has been very easy so far, have mainly just been eating so much more fruit and veg than I ever have before!

Well done Purple Princess :( Keep up the good work!

A few people from work go, most have been successful. 1 person lost 7stone and another has lost 5stone! It seems there`s a lot of support. I guess it`s easier if initially you have a friend to go with too.

ok I just need to check here... according to my converter a stone equals around 6,3 kg, is that right? Cause then you're saying people can lose 30 to 45 kgs with this program ??? Over what length of time? It sounds enormous!

And 1,5 kg in a week sounds huge as well purple princess! Well done!

I'm feeling really stupid now, wondering how I'm going to manage losing 5 or 10 kgs over the next few months :(

Well done Keep it up! it does seem a good diet, you seem to be able to eat so much, as long as you get the combinations right. :(

Well done Purple Princess!! I wonder if that's one I could cope with?

Funny ... I was thinking the same thing! :(

Edit: I mean of course that I could cope with, not that you could cope with! :roll: I'm sure you could cope with it no problem, I just dont know if I could cope with it ..... I'll shut up now. :(

Edited by Charm

Edit: I mean of course that I could cope with, not that you could cope with! ;) I'm sure you could cope with it no problem, I just dont know if I could cope with it ..... I'll shut up now. :(

:roll: *listens to the sound of Charm digging the hole deeper* :lol:

Edit: I mean of course that I could cope with, not that you could cope with! ;) I'm sure you could cope with it no problem, I just dont know if I could cope with it ..... I'll shut up now. :(

:roll: *listens to the sound of Charm digging the hole deeper* :lol:

Oh Charm, you do make me laugh! Can we cope with it, do you think? Heck, if I could lose the kind of weight that Purple Princess is losing, I'd back at my target weight in about 5 months. PP - what else are you doing? Extra exercise?

What do you think, Charm, should we give it a go?

Oh Charm, you do make me laugh! Can we cope with it, do you think? Heck, if I could lose the kind of weight that Purple Princess is losing, I'd back at my target weight in about 5 months. PP - what else are you doing? Extra exercise?

What do you think, Charm, should we give it a go?

Here, here, calm down there a wee bit! :( I only said I was thinking about it!!

(*must learn to engage brain before pianoing away with fingers* :roll:)

Does extra typing count as exercise?? :lol:

I did check it out and my nearest meeting is 15 miles away. Do you know if you can do it online? Maybe we could try that :(

Oh I don't want to go to meetings! :roll: I just want to magically have all the info I need on the diet, eat the necessary food & *presto* the weight falls off. You mean to tell me that's not how it works? :( :(

Oh I don't want to go to meetings! ;) I just want to magically have all the info I need on the diet, eat the necessary food & *presto* the weight falls off. You mean to tell me that's not how it works? :lol::(

I just want a pill to take and all the weight falls off! :roll: Who do I ring about that?? :(

Does anyone here use the Weight Watchers' system? Are you having any success with it? Do you have any tips for helping to keep you on track? Id love to know as I think I might start doing this system at home once I've stopped breastfeeding...

PP - what else are you doing? Extra exercise?

Nope I haven't been doing any extra exercise at all, if anything I did less than I would normally do!

They do have an online membership available and you can buy all the books from the website. People are also selling them on eBay but some of them are selling for more than it actually costs to just go and join the group for one week and then leave! :(

It is very easy for anyone who is thinking about joining, especially is your a fussy eater like I am (I'm a veggie) as I can just eat lots of the foods that I like which are free and forget about the rest. It is all mainly centered around healthy eating eg. lots of fruit and veg instead of crisps and chocolate but that just seems hard to stick too by yourself :(

Does anyone here use the Weight Watchers' system? Are you having any success with it? Do you have any tips for helping to keep you on track? Id love to know as I think I might start doing this system at home once I've stopped breastfeeding...

It's not the best way to do things but you can defiantly lose weight on it , I know of a guy that has lost a lot of weight living of ww foods , I did something similar myself a few years back when I had a lot of weight to lose (I was about the 21stone mark) , I think I dropped 4 stone in 3 months with a