Slimming World / Weight Watchers etc

I'm getting kinda' fat.. well not so much fat, because I'm only 7stone, and I'm 15. But there's too much flab on my belly. :lol: And I want to do some exercises that improve my muscles, because I've got incredibly puny arms.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting kinda' fat.. well not so much fat, because I'm only 7stone, and I'm 15. But there's too much flab on my belly. :lol: And I want to do some exercises that improve my muscles, because I've got incredibly puny arms.

What height are you ???

Seriously speaking, I think it would be a great idea to start up our own group here. I'm not sure about the bookish penalties though, I think it would be best for everyone to think of their own regime and "penalties" if they wish to have those :lol: But other than that, I'd be interested. Anyone else?

How about in the General Chat Forum we start the

Edited by Janet
Merged consecutive posts

Lol, I don't want anything stupid, like body-building?

Firstly young man body building is not stupid :lol:, body building is essential for a healthy body , the term body building covers a vast range including anyone that uses weights/ restence to effect their body ,

I just want to get a little bit more muscle, or even just stronger arms in general. :lol:
Is there a gym near you that you can join ???

And your 5"4?! You're tiny! You're the opposite of fat.

Having said that, I need to join Weight Watchers or something. :lol:

Well I'm not exactly fat. :lol: It's like.. I've got lots of flab on my belly.

Your what is referred to in the fitness world as skinny fat , some one that appears skinny but contains a disproportionate amount of body fat %

Or I could just be very self-concious, because others say that I haven't. :S Unless of course they're just been nice.

Or I could just be very self-concious, because others say that I haven't. :S Unless of course they're just been nice.
it could be that the only fat you have is on the lower part of your belly , it's the last place it goes from :lol:

Oi! ;) There's absolutely nothing wrong with Weightwatchers :lol:.

Well you and my teacher with her masters in nutrition will have to disagree :):);)

Edited by crotalus_p
Merged consecutive posts

I have done Weightwatchers, Slimming World and Rosemary Conley (still doing this latter) and for me RC is the most successful, no gimmicks just sensible eating based on low fat, low calories and healthy eating, plus exercise. I know of one doctors' practice that recommends RC.

I didn't know WW did exercise , they didn't when I did their plan.

The NHS is having quite a push on obesity at the moment, and so as a practice nurse I've been to various study days.. and we looked at diet as part of my recent diabetes course. Now obviously I don't pretend to be an expert on the whole area, but we generally use the Food Standards Agency Eat Well webiste, whcih has some good, down to earth advice.

The general principle is to aim for a sensible, well balanced diet, plus increasing exercise, and there's a lot of good advice on there.

I would also say that if the various programmes help encourage you, and they promote that healthy, balanced diet, then there's nothing wrong with going. :roll:

I haven't read all of this thread, so apologies if someone has already talked about this.

As some of you know I have MS and so take care with what I eat and my exercise to give me the best chance of keeping the MonSter under control.

One thing I have found, and my husband has noticed it in himself too, is that if I do a little light exercise, even just 10 mins per day, I don't seem to crave sugary or fatty food. It's really weird, perhaps it's something to do with burning off my stress, natrual highs etc, but it really helps. I certainly am not doing huge amounts of exercise, a 20 min walk each lunchtime max, but it seems to help.

Perhaps start with getting the exercise into your daily life, and then worry about the food after. If you try to do too much at once it might feel overwhelming.

Good luck!

One thing I have found, and my husband has noticed it in himself too, is that if I do a little light exercise, even just 10 mins per day, I don't seem to crave sugary or fatty food. It's really weird, perhaps it's something to do with burning off my stress, natrual highs etc, but it really helps. I certainly am not doing huge amounts of exercise, a 20 min walk each lunchtime max, but it seems to help.

I wish it were like that for me; when I exercise I get really really hungry!!

Is anybody on here a Slimming World member?

I'm thinking of joining this week but feel quite unsure and intimidated by it all as I have never done anything like it before.

Or does anyone have any better suggestions? :)

Hey

I've been in a Slimming World group for a few months now. I find it really supportive and pretty easy to follow. They've just introduced a new version of the diet for the new year which is even easier to follow. No need to worry about red and green days so much if you don't want to. I'd recommend it..

I've lost a 18lbs so far...so I guess I'm proof that it works :)

Good luck, if you decide to go for it :woohoo:

Hey

I've lost a 18lbs so far...so I guess I'm proof that it works :)

Good luck, if you decide to go for it :)

A few people from work go, most have been successful. 1 person lost 7stone and another has lost 5stone! It seems there`s a lot of support. I guess it`s easier if initially you have a friend to go with too.