Slimming World / Weight Watchers etc

Thank you for the explanations all of you but I think this would be both too restricting and expensive for me ;) And I dont want to lose that much weight, just stop gaining some would be a good start *laughs*

Maybe we should start a special group on here? We'd have to weigh in every week and there would be bookish penalties (no buying books for a week :)) when we got too far off target :lol:

Or even worse: No BCF before losing a pound.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, coming up with penalties is the only way I can participate, so... *laughs* I'm sure I can come up with something else as well... Like, no reading until you went to the gym. Or the amount of reading allowed is related to the calories burned. Or... I'm getting mean, I'll stop.

Oh and just a tidbit I need to share: did you know that chocolate is actually very healthy and not fattening at all so long as it's true dark chocolate ?? I was soo happy when I discovered this ;)

Red wine is good for you, too. Also good news.

I never liked wine so I'll leave it to you! ;)

Thank you! I appreciate that. *mutters under her breath* and calls herself French...

*laughs*

But, following the logic of red wine being good for you, I determined that pink champagne must be better for you than normal champagne. Which was also good news, as my favourite everyday champagne is M

Thank you, Enthusiast. *laughs* It's not exactly "fine wine", I mean, it's just your run-of-the-mill champagne really. There's plenty of better ones available. But I love it, it's one of my absolute favourites, and given the price it's really a good "weekday wine", as a friend of mine put it.

Thank you, Enthusiast. *laughs* It's not exactly "fine wine", I mean, it's just your run-of-the-mill champagne really. But I love it, it's one of my absolute favourite, and given the price it's really a good "weekday wine", as a friend of mine put it.

Call me Ben. And yeah, you know what I mean! If you enjoy it, then go for it. :lol:

Call me Ben. And yeah, you know what I mean! If you enjoy it, then go for it. :lol:

Thank you, Ben. I know. I've tasted enough wines in my life to know that there's nothing as complicated as wines. Appreciating and debating art becomes a piece of cake next to wine! It's all about your tastes. But I strongly recommend everyone to try this out. It's worth a try, most certainly, if nothing else.

Thank you, Ben. I know. I've tasted enough wines in my life to know that there's nothing as complicated as wines. Appreciating and debating art becomes a piece of cake next to wine! It's all about your tastes. But I strongly recommend everyone to try this out. It's worth a try, most certainly, if nothing else.

Ha, I'm only 15, so I don't hardly ever drink wine. I probably could If I asked more, but I never bother. I asked if I could over Christmas though, and I don't know what we had, but it was pink, and it was very very nice! :lol:

Ha, I'm only 15, so I don't hardly ever drink wine. I probably could If I asked more, but I never bother. I asked if I could over Christmas though, and I don't know what we had, but it was pink, and it was very very nice! :lol:

Well, in that case, Don't even think about it till you're 21, and then try it. *laughs* If it's pink, it's ros

By your surprise I'm assuming you thought I was older?

I didn't think about the fact, to be honest. I don't read everything on the forum, so even if you've mentioned it, I've probably missed it. So I wasn't surprised as such, just correcting an earlier statement.

I didn't think about the fact, to be honest. I don't read everything on the forum, so even if you've mentioned it, I've probably missed it. So I wasn't surprised as such, just correcting an earlier statement.

Lol, fair enough. I haven't mentioned it before though, I don't think, so I certainly wasn't accusing you of missing it. :lol:

Maybe we should start a special group on here? We'd have to weigh in every week and there would be bookish penalties (no buying books for a week :lol:) when we got too far off target :lol:

Seriously speaking, I think it would be a great idea to start up our own group here. I'm not sure about the bookish penalties though, I think it would be best for everyone to think of their own regime and "penalties" if they wish to have those :) But other than that, I'd be interested. Anyone else?